BUG: Camp Logos 2 DVD

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 4 2012 3:05 PM

Has anyone managed to load the Camp Logos 2 application on a Mac? No instruction accompany the package, and none appear on the disc themselves. Discovered the installation package within a folder and waited for over 3 hours for the process to run its course only to have it fail with the last segment of the media resources.

Called MPSeminars who would not speak with me about the faulty product because I had purchased it from Logos, even though it is their product.

Called Logos Customer Service and requested a replacement. That arrived today. Tested to make sure all media resources would load. Then, somewhat patiently awaited the 3 hour installation process, which again failed on the final step. This time, it would not load the application itself.

Installed the application from the first set and attempted to launch the application. Once it opened a pretty slowly spinning red circle appeared. Finally hovered the mouse in enough places to get a dialog that I needed to run the installer on Disc 2. As expected, the installer on disc 2 would not recognize that the material on disc 1 had been installed. Manual installation of the resources on disc 2 appeared successful, but the application again informed me that I must run the installer on disc 1.

At this point, I am ready to forsake the entire process. Will call Logos CS on Monday and request a refund.

This is an example of Quality Control at its very worst.

Posts 1493
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2012 7:20 PM

Jack Caviness:

Called MPSeminars who would not speak with me about the faulty product because I had purchased it from Logos, even though it is their product.

Really? No

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2012 8:32 PM

I just received my DVDs but have not tried to install them yet. I ordered for the PC but the packaging has both Mac & Windows logos on it.

Hope I can get it to work. (It ain't cheap.)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2012 4:12 AM

Jack, sorry for your troubles and poor CS experience. I ordered the same disks, but they haven't arrived yet.

Could'n you simply find the media files and copy them to your computer and completely bypass what I think is a Macromedia video launcher? Yes, it is a rather manual method, but gets you access to CONTENT that you purchased. 

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2012 5:20 AM

toughski:
Could'n you simply find the media files and copy them to your computer and completely bypass what I think is a Macromedia video launcher? Yes, it is a rather manual method, but gets you access to CONTENT that you purchased. 

Yes I could. Then I would need to select each segment individually to be played in Quick Time Player. That would get me the content, as you say—but it would be a very unsatisfactory way to use the product. Now that my nose has cooled*, I may consider doing that while waiting for Logos to make this thing right.

I hope that I have been the victim of shoddy quality control rather than a very poor port of a Windows product in which the installer will not work. Hence, my question as to whether anyone has successfully installed the product on a Mac.

*Have been teaching Exodus 32 where the expression burned with anger (of both God & Moses) is literally his nose became hot Geeked

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2012 5:32 AM

I had the same problem trying to install the cd,s on a PC.  Some of the cd,s are defective.  

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2012 6:06 AM

Jack Caviness:

Hence, my question as to whether anyone has successfully installed the product on a Mac.

Jack,

I have just received my DVD about 2 days ago, YES, I have installed Camp Logos Live 2 on my MacBookPro successfully (I bought the PC version though).  However, I note that it took a very long time to copy the videos from DVD into my SSD took about 30 minutes per DVD, with the 4 DVD it was about 2 hours. (slow, compared to experiences of doing the same thing on previous Camp Logos Live and all the other older MP Camp Logos products) 

Saw your post yesterday ... I installed the same DVDs on my Windows 7 Desktop, experienced the same slow copying of videos for the 4 DVDs. Nonetheless, Camp Logos Live 2 it is working.

I was quite surprised with the slow transfer speed for copying the videos.

PS: I assume that you have enough disk space on your HDD for the videos (about 13.5 GB) 

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2012 6:50 AM

LimJK:
I note that it took a very long time to copy the videos from DVD into my SSD took about 30 minutes per DVD

Mine was 3 hours for disc 1, and then it gave the notice that installation had failed. This was with the original and the replacement discs.

LimJK:
I assume that you have enough disk space on your HDD for the videos (about 13.5 GB) 

I have more than enough disc space. 

BTW: Called CS this morning and requested a refund, which was graciously granted.

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2012 7:28 AM

Jack - I am playing mine directly from the dvd menu. It appears to be working fine. I am not happy to hear about your experience though.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2012 12:34 PM

alabama24:

Jack - I am playing mine directly from the dvd menu. It appears to be working fine. I am not happy to hear about your experience though.

USPS has it now on its way back to Bellingham. Will use the $200 elsewhere. For other Logos resources, of course Cool

Posts 46
RPW | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2012 4:46 PM

Very sorry to hear your experience. I also ordered Camp Logos 1 & 2. Both loaded in about 6-8 minutes per DVD and seem to be running fine. It took me a bit to understand how to load them, however. After clicking on the appropriate icon. . .I clicked the wrong one at first. . .a menu/message window opened. It contained the instructions, which, if I remember correctly was to click on the menu button and at the lower right of the next screen was an icon to be clicked to load the DVD's. Being new to my MacBook Pro, the procedure was definitely new to me. But it worked.

Ron

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 2:53 AM

Ron Washington:
It took me a bit to understand how to load them, however.

The Install package was located inside a folder on the DVD without any indication as to its location. After that the dialogs you describe appeared. Apparently, I just received two bad DVDs. 

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 4:25 AM

Jack Caviness:
The Install package was located inside a folder on the DVD without any indication as to its location. After that the dialogs you describe appeared. Apparently, I just received two bad DVDs.

When you insert the DVD, an icon should appear on your desktop. Double click. That will open the DVD's contents for you. There is a blue icon ("Camp Logos 2 Mac" - selected in first screen shot), double click that one. It opens the program and you can 1) view it from the DVD or 2) download it. To download, click the download icon bottom right, next to "info" (see third screen shot).

[EDIT: This is what the DVD should have looked like Jack]

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 12:33 PM

alabama24:
When you insert the DVD, an icon should appear on your desktop. Double click. That will open the DVD's contents for you.

Been there; Done that. I could have run the application from the DVD—slowly, but it is designed to be installed on the Mac. The Install Package is inside the folder labeled FSCommand. The copies I received will not load. Therefore, I have already requested a refund and have returned both DVD packages.

Now, I am through with this thread. It did not work for me, and I will spend the money of Logos resources that do work. 

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 9 2012 7:06 AM

I remember having some issue with the Camp Logos 1 software when it was first released (sluggish playback on an external monitor???). Since then, I've imported the video files from all MP and Logos produced products, including Camp Logos 2, into iTunes, creating a playlist for each product. Works great.

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS