Printing Collection Bibliography List

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 491
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 4 2012 7:25 PM

When I go to use the print/export function when creating a collection the resulting output provides correct links to the logos resources for rtf and html. When I I try to use word it does not create the correct information to link to resources

I am running Mac OSX and Word 2008 to produce a docx file.

Any Ideas?

I've attached two screen grabs to illustrate the behavior.

8156.test1.tiff 0045.test2.tiff

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2012 11:12 PM

Larry Good:
Any Ideas?

Microsoft Word 2008 and 2011 automatically convert logosres:#### URL's to file://localhost/logosres/#### so hyperlinks essentially become unusable.

LibreOffice 3.4.5 does not convert links, but cannot use them within LibreOffice.  However, LibreOffice can open rtf file, then save as docx, which can be used to build a Personal Book with working links.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 491
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2012 7:41 AM

Thanks for the reply. I was using the technique based on instructions from Camp Logos 2.

Those procedures are apparently incorrect. I will perhaps write the author/instructor and give that clarification or find out what I am missing.

The section under Know your books ->>> Create a bibliography are on the surface incorrect for the Mac. The instructor was using a Windows environment and  Word in that environment operates as demonstrated.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2012 7:02 PM

Larry Good:
The section under Know your books ->>> Create a bibliography are on the surface incorrect for the Mac. The instructor was using a Windows environment and  Word in that environment operates as demonstrated.

Concur.  Word 2010 on Windows keeps logosres:#### URL hyperlinks, which is also useful in Personal Books.

Observation: Microsoft Word 2011 has automatic hyperlink conversion that Word 2010 does not.  Likewise Word 2011 cannot handle right to left editing like Word 2010.

Wiki has Mac and PC User Interface Differences => Microsoft Word Hyperlinks

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 491
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2012 8:55 PM

KS4J - Thanks for the reply

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS