Typos: Major Typos In New Swinnock Title

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 534
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 7 2012 4:14 PM

In the forward in vol 1 page 9 The typos are so many as to make reading the text impossible, I haven't gotten any further. Hope this can get fixed soon, I did file a typo report as well. Actually it looks like two pages were scanned wrong and merged together.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 5:01 PM

There seems to be some sort of crease line down the middle of the page, making a lot of typos and skipped letters. I don't know if there are other pages like this but it's a serious flaw.

Posts 9137
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 5:25 PM

It seems this was to be printed in two columns (two channels as he says) and the gutter in the middle is too small, making it look like a crease. Logos needs to increase the gutter between the two columns so they can be distinguished.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 10:32 AM

Do we know if Logos are  working on this? It would be nice if they would respond.Smile

Posts 1946
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 10:40 AM

I have seen this issue in some of Early Church Fathers as well, when a Latin and Greek translation were side by side. It was actually easier to read on the IPad than it was of the Computer screen.

Posts 489
LogosEmployee
Louis St. Hilaire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 12:13 PM

As noted, the problem is not with the text itself, but that, with justification on, the text in some tables runs together.

For now, turning justification off makes this text more readable, but we're working on a better fix.

Posts 1933
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 1:10 PM

Louis St. Hilaire:
turning justification off

As a Calvinist, I believe in perseverance (preservation) of the saints. You can't turn justification off.

Stick out tongue

Donnie

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 1:14 PM

Donnie Hale:
You can't turn justification off.

Good one, Donnie - I like it!

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2012 5:25 AM

The original publication was in 2 columns. Logos reformatted it down to one column. One page, at least only one page that I have found, of the orginal mistakenly did not get reformatted, so it appears in Logos as 2 columns. You have to read column one from where it starts that way to the bottom of the page, turn the page, read the rest of the column until the 2 column format disappears, then go back a page and continue reading column 2.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS