I wish that Logos would reveal what exactly is being update

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 7 2012 6:26 PM

I received another update on certain resources (i.e., the NKJ).  I'd really like to know what the updates consists of. 

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 6:36 PM

Steven L. Spencer:

I received another update on certain resources (i.e., the NKJ).  I'd really like to know what the updates consists of. 

Peace to you, Steven!    And Joy in the Lord!    *smile*

There are two easy ways to do that.  Go to your Home Page, and it will tell you what was updated.  You might have to hit F5 once.

OR - Use your last updated column in your library.  Be sure top "scroll" to the top after you "hit" that "field."  

Some details on the Wiki       ---   http://wiki.logos.com/An_update_is_downloading,_what_is_it

If you have any difficulty, please come back to the forums; and we'll give you a boost!            *smile*                 

Psalm 19:1

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 6:44 PM

Hello Steven and all!            *smile*

Please forgive me for my last post.  I didn't read your post correctly and made a false assumption.  It's getting a bit late here in Eastern Canada; and, obviously, my mind is tired and somewhat unalert.

I didn't delete the post just in case there might possibly still be someone around who doesn't understand how to determine "what" has been updated.           

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 6:53 PM

Thanks Milford.  Yes, I know about checking the home-page to see what resources were updated. But what I would like to know is what, precisely, is being updated.  I mean, what's to update in the NKJV?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 6:54 PM

Steven L. Spencer:

Curious what level of detail is desired ?

For example, for typographical fixes, wonder if want summary # of fixes or every typographical fix ?

One change recently to Early Church Fathers was library metadata updates with information about resource contents.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 7:28 PM

Smiling, just to know the updates are typographical would be fine. A general description of what is being updated would be fine. Blessings--Steve

Posts 349
Frank Fenby | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 7:41 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

It can be fairly general. Typo's, indexes added, Logos Controlled Vocabulary, search fields added, etc.

Posts 8302
LogosEmployee

Steven L. Spencer:

I mean, what's to update in the NKJV?

The internal notes I have access to just say "Minor fix to NT Reverse Interlinear". Sorry, that's all the details I have, but this often means that the Greek word alignment was corrected in some verse. There's no indication that there were any changes to the text of the NKJV itself (but it has to be kept in sync with the reverse interlinear, which is why it was updated).

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 9:02 PM

Thanks, Bradley. I just wish that Logos would clarify what, exactly, is being updated.  Blessings to all.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 11:13 PM

Steven L. Spencer:

Smiling, just to know the updates are typographical would be fine. A general description of what is being updated would be fine. Blessings--Steve

Frank Fenby:

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

It can be fairly general. Typo's, indexes added, Logos Controlled Vocabulary, search fields added, etc.

Likewise dreaming about future posts by Logos that have a general overview of what was updated plus an idea of how many resources.

Note: I sent feedback email to Logos for consideration with reference to this thread.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS