New Interpreter's Bible (12 Vols.) - Pre-Publication Examples

Page 14 of 14 (272 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14
This post has 271 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 11 2014 4:36 AM

Fasil:

I'm glad It's under contract!!!!!!!!!

Yes

Wow, it jumped a lot in a very short amount of time.

Posts 1841
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 11 2014 5:29 AM

what type of commentary is NIB? and what would you compare NIB with..for similarity? NIC, NIVAC, WBC or Tyndale or something else?

Posts 557
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 11 2014 5:55 AM

Mike, see page 13 for some excerpts provided for us by Dan : ) 

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 11 2014 6:46 AM

mike:

what type of commentary is NIB? and what would you compare NIB with..for similarity? NIC, NIVAC, WBC or Tyndale or something else?

The very first page of this thread also provides several example.

Posts 1841
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 11 2014 7:35 AM

tom:

The very first page of this thread also provides several example.

Alright, I'm in.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 11 2014 7:42 AM

mike:
Alright, I'm in.
Yes

Posts 929
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 12 2014 6:38 AM

tom:

Fasil:

I'm glad It's under contract!!!!!!!!!

Yes

Wow, it jumped a lot in a very short amount of time.

But now it's back (not for the first time) to almost there Sad The way Logos are messing with this is quite pathetic

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 12 2014 6:56 AM

David Carter:
But now it's back (not for the first time) to almost there Sad The way Logos are messing with this is quite pathetic
Yes

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 12 2014 11:20 AM

https://www.evernote.com/pub/danielwilliamfrancis/nibsamples

A sample from every book of the Biblical/Apocryphal books treated in the New Interpreter's Bible, to help you determine if this might be a resource you would find useful. Please help to bring this resource to publication by pre-ordering it if you think it might be useful to you. Your credit card is not charged until it ships and Logos offers refunds for purchases that you find are not suitable for your needs after a closer look at them.

http://www.logos.com/product/8803/new-interpreters-bible 

This offers a somewhat random sample in size from a section to an entire chapter. There are a few exceptions, Isaiah has one from each of the two sections done on each half of the book. The Psalms and Gospels tend to be places of more in depth study so each gospel has 3 samples and there are 4 Psalms done. In addition to this two of the shortest  books, Obadiah and Philemon are presented in their entirety to give a fuller view on how things are handled. I hope everyone finds this useful and I am happy to answer any questions I can.

-Dan

PS: This is a duplicate post from New Interpreter's Bible that I am posting here. I am not sure why we are getting under contract and loosing it.. Well i know last time the files were being waited on, I would have thought yesterday they had received those files.

Posts 888
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 12 2014 12:23 PM

Dan Francis:

https://www.evernote.com/pub/danielwilliamfrancis/nibsamples

A sample from every book of the Biblical/Apocryphal books treated in the New Interpreter's Bible, to help you determine if this might be a resource you would find useful. Please help to bring this resource to publication by pre-ordering it if you think it might be useful to you. Your credit card is not charged until it ships and Logos offers refunds for purchases that you find are not suitable for your needs after a closer look at them.

I appreciate the effort expended to bring us a clear understanding of the value inherent in this resource!  The publishers ought to gift you with a free copy in Logos the day that the product ships for all of your hard work.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 12 2014 12:32 PM

Brother Mark:
I appreciate the effort expended to bring us a clear understanding of the value inherent in this resource!  The publishers ought to gift you with a free copy in Logos the day that the product ships for all of your hard work.

Thanks, it would be very nice... and I have bought 2 sets already .. my hardcover and my abingdon CDROM (but then so have many others)..... but I doubt that will happen... but stranger things have happened... I wouldn't turn it down if offered.. but not going to hold my breath either.

-Dan

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 12 2014 1:14 PM

Brother Mark:
Yes

Page 14 of 14 (272 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 | RSS