Camp Logos for Mac

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
George Craft | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 10 2012 2:18 AM

I am trying to download the Camp Logos DVD onto my hard drive of my MacBook Pro. After downloading,  when I replay it from the hard drive, all I get is sound. There is no video at all.  I have tried this several times, but the some thing happens every time.  What is the problem and how can I solve it?  I have downloaded it to my IMac and it works fine. When I use the airdrop to transfer the file, the same thing happens. No video....even though the file works great on the IMac..  Thanks for your help.  CAC

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 3:15 AM

George, welcome!

It looks like others have had trouble with these DVDs and their Macs.  What program is opening the videos on both your iMac and MBP?  I'm curious to know if it is in fact the same program and if that, the same build of said program. If the above is the same on both machines, you might need to update your MBP's drivers in regard to running the video program.

[edit] - the forum software isn't allowing me to edit my previous text on my iPad for some reason.  These thoughts are my very general knee jerk troubleshooting reactions.  If anyone has found a solution already please share!

Posts 27780
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 4:12 AM

I am just running the videos from the DVD's, and it is running fine for me. Those who have expressed difficulties are likewise trying to run the video from the hard drive, although this sounds like a different issue.

George - What are the specs on your MacBook? What OS are you running? Do you tend to keep things up to date, or has it been a while?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10587
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 4:17 AM

George

Are you using the included CampLogos application? Otto Carroll mentioned that he created a playlist in iTunes that works well. You also might try running the individual segments with Quicktime Player.

My problem was quite different. The application and-or videos would not load. that was from two different DVD sets.

Posts 6
George Craft | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 5:32 AM

Everything is up to date. Mac OS X  Ver 10.7.2  Just a few months old. I am traveling and do not want to carry DVD's with me.  

I did find the video portion in another folder called Resources in the applications file.  There was video and sound but not in the Camp Logos platform.  The logo of Camp Logos was not in the application file. Why it was separated, I don't know.  ON  one hand the Camp Logos logo with sound and platform were in the applications folder and then further down under resources folder>media file was the video and sound with no platform of the Camp Logos.  I have no clue why they were separated. I assume Quidk Player is running it.  I don't have a clue why the separation.  Thanks CAC

Posts 6
George Craft | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 5:34 AM

See reply to alabama24.  Thanks for the reply I will check out the ITunes play list idea.

Posts 6
George Craft | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 5:37 AM

Yes, I am using the CampLogos application. See reply to alabama24. Thanks for your input.

Posts 10587
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 6:44 AM

George Craft:
Why it was separated, I don't know.

That s normal. The application will look for its resources in the Library/Application Support folder.

Posts 6
George Craft | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 7:04 AM

The flash player is used for north IMC and MBP to open the application.  That is what shows in the contents folder of the Camp Logos DVD. The MBP is only a few months old (October) 2011. All is uptodate.  When the files downloaded the sound and the Camp Logos platform were in one file under the Icon in the app. file. The video portion was in another file called Resources>Media.  Not sure why it was put in two different locations. I can play in from the Media file, but not from the application file under the Camp icon.  Can you explain this?  Thanks CAC

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS