visual filter for specific verse

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 442
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 11 2012 7:59 PM

Is there a way to create a visual filter that highlights specific verses?  I tried <BibleNASB95 = John 3:16> in the find box with a blue highlight to try it and it didn't work.

Posts 5572
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2012 8:03 PM

Tim Engwer:

Is there a way to create a visual filter that highlights specific verses?  I tried <BibleNASB95 = John 3:16> in the find box with a blue highlight to try it and it didn't work.

I'm not aware of a way to do that.

I am curious about the reason one would want to do that, rather than simply highlighting the verse.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 2700
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2012 10:32 PM

Some rainbow type versions use this

in theory you should be able to do it with a passage list, but I cant get it working either

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 28268
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2012 11:29 PM

Tim Engwer:
Is there a way to create a visual filter that highlights specific verses? 

No there isn't but i believe there is a request for it on uservoice.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2700
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2012 12:03 AM

I have noticed in a personal bible where you have tagged the reference for quick lookup  the verse number (link) is encoded in the selected color

I know its not the ideal situation, but if you have a properly/fully tagged PB Bible it may as a work around until request gets implemented

Richard DeRuiter:

I am curious about the reason one would want to do that, rather than simply highlighting the verse.

Dare I say "Unnecessary note creation" Embarrassed 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2012 12:25 AM

MJ. Smith:

Tim Engwer:

Logos User Voice suggestion => Make visual filter from passage list

A different Logos User Voice suggestion => Highlighting and Notes Integration Improvements includes: "Please add highlighting style option for by reference notes so can highlight verse(s) in all Bibles."

Morph search visual filter can use a passage list.  However, English reverse interlinear resources do not have morphological tagging for every word:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 442
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2012 9:23 AM

DominicM:

I have noticed in a personal bible where you have tagged the reference for quick lookup  the verse number (link) is encoded in the selected color

I know its not the ideal situation, but if you have a properly/fully tagged PB Bible it may as a work around until request gets implemented

Richard DeRuiter:

Dare I say "Unnecessary note creation" Embarrassed 

This is a good workaround if I can find the time to create a PB bible.  I think the reason why this doesn't work with a regular bible is that the verses themselves are not seen as text.  If you copy a passage the numbers are not in there.

Posts 442
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2012 5:24 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

MJ. Smith:

Tim Engwer:

Logos User Voice suggestion => Make visual filter from passage list

A different Logos User Voice suggestion => Highlighting and Notes Integration Improvements includes: "Please add highlighting style option for by reference notes so can highlight verse(s) in all Bibles."

Morph search visual filter can use a passage list.  However, English reverse interlinear resources do not have morphological tagging for every word:

Keep Smiling Smile

BTW how do you get those links and flat buttons to show as 3D buttons?

Posts 18857
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2012 5:45 PM

Tim Engwer:
This is a good workaround if I can find the time to create a PB bible.  I think the reason why this doesn't work with a regular bible is that the verses themselves are not seen as text.

It depends on how you create the PB bible. If the {field-on:Bible} and {field-off:Bible} tags are put in such a way as to exclude the chapter and verse numbers, then they are not considered text. Like this:

[[@Bible:Matthew 3:4-6]]3:4-6 - {{field-on:Bible}}John wore clothes of camel-hair with a leather belt round his waist, and lived on locusts and wild honey. The people of Jerusalem and of all Judea and the Jordan district flocked to him, and were baptised by him in the river Jordan, publicly confessing their sins.{{field-off:Bible}}

This is probably how PB bibles should be done, but it would mean this workaround wouldn't work.

Tim Engwer:

If I'm not mistaken, it's the Mac UI.

Posts 2700
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2012 10:53 PM

Rosie Perera:

This is probably how PB bibles should be done, but it would mean this workaround wouldn't work.

Correct, you dont need the extra link in if you are making a regular/standard PB Bible

For this workaround, the extra link syntax would be It would need to be:

[[@Bible:Matthew 3:4-6]][[3:4-6 >> Bible:Matthew 3:4-6]] - {{field-on:Bible}}John wore clothes of camel-hair with a leather belt round his waist, and lived on locusts and wild honey. The people of Jerusalem and of all Judea and the Jordan district flocked to him, and were baptised by him in the river Jordan, publicly confessing their sins.{{field-off:Bible}}

(Bold just to show change)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2012 11:16 PM

Tim Engwer:

Logos 4 Mac has 3D buttons.

Wiki has => Mac and PC User Interface Differences

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS