Page 2 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 57 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 2609
Forum MVP
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:25 AM

steveclark:

Bohuslav,

Thanks. I like the improvement too. But it would also be nice to see a list of all their new maps. It seems that when i type a location, it only shows what Logos deems relevant. Thus i have to do trial and error to try and find these 60 maps that they advertise.

Yes, I agree with you that some kind of list would be nice, however, since Biblical Places gather your maps from various resources (like Tyndale Bible Dictionary) and more are supposed to come, it might be difficult to create such list.

Try write very basic letter to the search box in the Biblical Places (like "a") and you will get about 2 pages of maps offered in the drop-down menu.

Bohuslav

Posts 3776
Forum MVP
-1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:27 AM

Steven L. Spencer:
On Logos 3 I had numerous collections that were always present and loaded any time I went to a difference verse. With Logos 4 I have to constantly select and re-open my collections. I don't like that because it takes time and is just a hassle.  Any suggestions on how I can keep my collections loaded even when I move to a different passage of Scripture?

You need to set up a custom Passage guide and set it to be used instead of Logos' default. Instructions are below.

Posts 3320
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:29 AM

Guess that i am a little slow today. This is what my screen shows when i click on Israel in Ezekiel 39

QLinks, Bibl2, Reporter, Macros
Dell Insp 1720
Core 2 Duo, 1.6 G, 4G RAM, Vista

Posts 237
Michael Hite | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:30 AM

Philip Spitzer:

steveclark:
i clicked on Israel in Ezekiel and nothing appeared in the popup menu for biblical places.

That's odd. I get the following for Israel Biblical places.There are 4 new maps from Logos that come up.

Philip - I get the same results you do for Israel

2012 13" Macbook Air - 2 Ghz Intel i7 - 8 GB RAM - 500GB SSD - OSX 10.8.2 - also running Parallels 8 for MAC  - Windows 7

Posts 237
Michael Hite | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:39 AM

steveclark:

Guess that i am a little slow today. This is what my screen shows when i click on Israel in Ezekiel 39

I don't get a hit from "Israel" in 39:25 for Biblical Places either. If you open Biblical Places and type Israel I get the same results that Philip got. Is it smart enough to know that "house of Israel" is not a physical location and so doesn't hit Biblical Places?

2012 13" Macbook Air - 2 Ghz Intel i7 - 8 GB RAM - 500GB SSD - OSX 10.8.2 - also running Parallels 8 for MAC  - Windows 7

Posts 805
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:41 AM

steveclark:

Steve - I think the NIV may not be completely tagged with Biblical People, Places, and Things information.  Try KJV or ESV or NASB95.  I belive Logos is working on an updated version of the NIV and NLT to add the reverse interlinear information, so I'm hoping the Biblical Places will be tagged as well when that's done.

Peter

Posts 3320
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:43 AM

Thanks Phillip, Bohuslav, & Michael

Guess i will have to temper my curiosity with patience.

I really like the scalable maps!!

When trying to copy a zoomed in map it captures the original maps size which doesn't zoom in well in a graphics program. But i can probably do a screen capture when zoomed in then crop and paste.

QLinks, Bibl2, Reporter, Macros
Dell Insp 1720
Core 2 Duo, 1.6 G, 4G RAM, Vista

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:46 AM

Hi Philip, I DID find a few usable tips from Wiki. I spoke too soon. I repent in dust and ashes.I am very thankful to you (and others) who are much better versed in Logos 4. You guys are a great help!

Posts 4508
Forum MVP
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:50 AM

PeterLi:

Notice also that you've highlighted "Israel" as in AKA "Jacob"

Logos is doing the right thing....giving you an option for "Biblical People" NOT Biblical Places....

Find another Israel and check there....

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 2609
Forum MVP
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:55 AM

Robert Pavich:

PeterLi:

Notice also that you've highlighted "Israel" as in AKA "Jacob"

Logos is doing the right thing....giving you an option for "Biblical People" NOT Biblical Places....

Find another Israel and check there....

Yes, when you try Moab, it gives you place and offers Biblical Places.

By the way, guys, have you tried Bible Explorer? It is slow, but finds quite interesting things in the MEDIA section.

Bohuslav

Posts 3776
Forum MVP
-1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 10:01 AM

Steven L. Spencer:

Hi Philip, I DID find a few usable tips from Wiki. I spoke too soon. I repent in dust and ashes.I am very thankful to you (and others) who are much better versed in Logos 4. You guys are a great help!

Since the Wiki just started yesterday in a serious way its perfectly understandable. It will be worth our while to check it often and make contributions.

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 10:48 AM

Mark, I followed your instructions. But when I navigate to a new passage, my collections are listed with that title "collection" and not say "Bible Dictionaries", "Theology" etc. Either I'm still doing something wrong, or there's some kind of glitch in my software.

Posts 3776
Forum MVP
-1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 10:50 AM

Steven L. Spencer:
Either I'm still doing something wrong, or there's some kind of glitch in my software.

That one's a bug, and it's been reported.

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 11:04 AM

Have any idea  how long it takes the techs at Logos to repair a bug?  This one is a pretty big one. Thanks for all your help.

Posts 1236
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 4:06 PM

Steven L. Spencer:
Have any idea  how long it takes the techs at Logos to repair a bug?  This one is a pretty big one. Thanks for all your help.

This bug is fixed, and will be in the upcoming 4.0a release.

Posts 1939
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 4:16 PM

Robert Pavich:
Steven L. Spencer:

I hope Logos posts more in-depth "hoe to" videos in the near future.

Steven,

what SPECIFICALLY would you like to see as a topic in a video...?

It was clear to me. He wants  videos on how to plant the seed of the gospel with logos

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 4:37 PM

Bob, your company is fantastic! I have used Logos from the early days. It's been great to see just how prominent Logos has become. Do you have any idea how long it will be until the update is ready? This must be a very stressful time for all of you at Logos. Hang in there, buddy!

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 4:53 PM

It should read "how-to" videos. I just want access to more tutorial videos. I wish they would make videos longer than a minute or two--videos that truly give guidance to those of us who have made significant financial investments into Logos 4. Blessings, my friend.

Posts 32
Timothy Lovegrove | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 9:26 AM

This isn't exactly a tip that reveals any fantastic L4 secrets, but I love using Power Lookup with a cross-reference resource. What a great way to benefit from the hard work that goes into something like New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge. I included a screen shot below that shows a basic setup that I use: my custom guide (well illustrated earlier in this thread), my Bible, and NTSK, with Power Lookup on the right. Simply highlight the exact section of NTSK I want, and I can browse lots of relevant material. Note the "copy" button at the top of the Power Lookup frame.

FYI, NTSK costs $39.99 on its own, but a Logos salesperson found that it was part of "Nelson's Ultimate Bible Reference Library," which includes several other resources with NTSK, and I think cost less than the resource itself. You might ask about that.

Posts 4508
Forum MVP
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 9:30 AM

Timothy,

Good tip! thanks!

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Page 2 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS