The new Norwegian Bible translation

Page 1 of 3 (46 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 156
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:15 AM

I would very much like to see the new Norwegian Bible translation, Bibel 2011 in Logos.

It seems to be showing up in a lot of other Bible softare these days, so I guess there is good reason to be optimistic ;-)

Posts 3
Knut Kåre Kirkholm | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:40 AM

I wholeheartedly agree! This translation will probably gain more and more popularity among Norwegian students, theologians and other Bible readers. So it would be great to have it available in Logos!

Posts 137
Raymond Urne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:47 AM

Sakarias Ingolfsson:
I would very much like to see the new Norwegian Bible translation, Bibel 2011 in Logos.

Yes That would be nice! And also Norsk Bibel 1988 and Bibelen Guds Ord. The last one is available in Libronix, but in Logos 4 it is formatted as a monograph.

Posts 156
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2012 6:32 AM

I believe Norsk Bibel 88 has an exclusive contract with BibleWorks, although I can not remember where I heard it.

Posts 3094
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2012 6:41 AM

Why don't you prepare it in PBB,so that you can use it in Logos?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:08 AM

Raymond Urne:
Bibelen Guds Ord. The last one is available in Libronix, but in Logos 4 it is formatted as a monograph.

I can't check since I don't have it, but that sounds like it may be a bug. Perhaps even one that can be fixed with a simple change in the metadata. I suggest a mail to logos4feedback@logos.com.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2729
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:16 AM

Norsk Bibel 88/07 is online: http://www.youversion.com/bible/nb 

Would love to see more european resources, but not sure as to demand

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 156
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2012 11:34 AM

DominicM:

Would love to see more european resources, but not sure as to demand

Its a largely unhcarted market I guess, and one which also has different rules to play by than the american. 

Posts 156
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2012 11:36 AM

fgh:

Raymond Urne:
Bibelen Guds Ord. The last one is available in Libronix, but in Logos 4 it is formatted as a monograph.

I can't check since I don't have it, but that sounds like it may be a bug. Perhaps even one that can be fixed with a simple change in the metadata. I suggest a mail to logos4feedback@logos.com.

I have tried to get hold of it earlier, but its impossible to get. My guess is that they stopped supporting it a long time ago.

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2012 11:58 AM

Yes, there is good reason to be optimistic... Smile

Posts 6
Steffen Stensland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2012 12:02 PM

This would be awsome! I have heard that it is sent to Logos, and I hope they will publish it soon! This would make my Bible Study with Logos even better!

Posts 137
Raymond Urne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2012 12:35 PM

fgh:

Raymond Urne:

Good suggestion! I have not thought about that.  I will try to send a mail to logos about this.

Posts 137
Raymond Urne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2012 12:37 PM

Sakarias Ingolfsson:

fgh:

Raymond Urne:

I have tried to get hold of it earlier, but its impossible to get. My guess is that they stopped supporting it a long time ago.

Sakarias, I bought this Bible many years ago from Hermon forlag. You could maybe contact them?

Posts 6
Per Olav | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2012 1:32 AM

Kent Hendricks:

Yes, there is good reason to be optimistic... Smile

Sounds good - any idea as to when it will be published?

Posts 6
Steffen Stensland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 20 2012 5:06 AM

How optimistic? 

Posts 156
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 20 2012 7:03 AM

Perhaps we need to see this from a marketing perspective.

Obviously, in Norway Logos will only appeal to younger scholars and pastors. This is a tiny market, even to norwegian standards. (How is eg. Agrando doing, now that the resources from the church of norway have been monopolized?).

Releasing Bibel 2011 in Logos is therefore not a marketing move. It is a favour to the norwegian userbase.

Given this fact, i guess we will simply have to wait. Some day it will be there, but it will more likely be months than weeks. I just hope that it will not be released to prepub first, then we will never get there Sad

Posts 156
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 27 2012 2:30 PM

In stead of a new norwegian version being available, the exact opposite is now the truth. The four norwegian versions that were available through the SESB have have been removed as the package has been been discontinued and broken up:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/48979.aspx

So, for those interested in having a norwegian version, you can download the attached document and parse it as a personal book. This is the text from 1930, which was previously publich domain, but this has changed with a recent alteration in norwegian copyright laws.  The Norwegian Bible Society has however released the text for free non-commercial distribution. Please read the document  linked to below before downloading the file.

http://www2.mf.no/bibel/bibelhvem/dnb30.html

I've removed the footnotes, since I could not figure out how to auto-format them.

7750.Bibelen-1930.docx

Posts 137
Raymond Urne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 5 2012 10:23 AM

Sakarias Ingolfsson:
So, for those interested in having a norwegian version, you can download the attached document and parse it as a personal book. This is the text from 1930, which was previously publich domain, but this has changed with a recent alteration in norwegian copyright laws.  The Norwegian Bible Society has however released the text for free non-commercial distribution. Please read the document  linked to below before downloading the file.

Thank you very much Sakarias! This one is very helpful while waiting for the other(s).

Logos, is it any news about the Norwegian Bibles?

Posts 162
Reimar Vetne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 13 2012 7:09 PM

I have enjoyed Bibelselskapets Norwegian bibles in Logos for several years - the 1978-edition for the whole canon and the latest version for the New Testament. Bought it as part of the SESB package some years ago (the package that was recently removed).

Sounds great that the latest translation will become available for the entire Bible, but in the mean time I hope Logos could make the previous Norwegian translation available as a separate downloadable product. They already have the files on their server. Logos only needs to get an agreement with the Norwegian Bible Society (Bibelselskapet) to sell this translation as a stand-alone until the newest one is released as well.

I do all my reading and research in English, but whenever I preach sermons in Norway (my home country) it is very useful to have a Norwegian bible right here in Logos.

Posts 6
Steffen Stensland | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 12 2012 12:09 PM

Still good reason to be optimistic??

Page 1 of 3 (46 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS