The new Norwegian Bible translation

Page 3 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 45 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 156
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 9:47 AM

The source was a txt-document, originally prepared by SigveSaker, which I downloaded from a webpage at MF. Unfortunately this webpage is no longer available. I have a copy on my computer, however, which I can send to you if you like. Send me an PM or an SMS with your e-mail address if you´d like me to do that.

But it may not be that useful to you. I had to process it quite a bit for it to be useful in Logos. Here is a sample from Genesis 2:10-12, with a footnote in verse 12.

1:2:10:Og det gikk en elv ut fra Eden og vannet haven; og siden delte den sig i fire strømmer.
1:2:11:Den første heter Pison; det er den som løper omkring hele landet Havila, der hvor det er gull.
1:2:12:Og gullet i dette land er godt; der er bdellium* og onyks-stenen. # <* et slags velluktende gummi.>

Posts 106
J. Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 10:27 AM

I'll PM you! I will throw some regular expressions at it, and I'm quite sure it will turn out OK :)

Posts 106
J. Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 10:30 AM

If there had only been a way to do that? I can't even add you as a friend at Faithlife... hmm...

Posts 106
J. Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 10:39 AM

deleted

Posts 3
Halvard Lund | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 7 2020 3:24 AM

Hello Sakarias Ingolfsson!

I am converting the NB 1930 into my Logos 8 now. And I am re-converting / building it a second time.

The first and the second time I get 1 errors and 114 warnings, with the type: 

[Warning] Unrecognized milestone bible.1.42.39

[Warning] Article 'A_BIBLE.1' has only 1 characters.

[Warning] Text in 'bible' field but this resource is not a Bible.

[Warning] Consecutive duplicate Milestone Start for data-type bible: bible.31

[Error] Font 'Times' is not a valid font for use in resources.

[Info] Complete

But, for me with programming interests, that is only interesting. Now I can look through each and every error one by one as a bible meditation. I did not think that the text is complete, but after looking at the warnings again, I now think the text is complete.

One question only:

Resurrecting the thread, this was explaining the source of the non-copyright NB1930 Bible right ?

Thank you!

Halvard Lund

Posts 156
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2020 1:08 AM

I have seen some of the errors before. I believe I have worked through some of them, but unfortunately I do not remeber how that went. I am sure working the google a bit will yield some help.

The broken link to MF was an information page explaining the copyright issue, if that is what you are asking. Fortunately, it can still be read through the WayBackMachine.

https://web.archive.org/web/20071021235215/http://www2.mf.no/bibel/bibelhvem/dnb30.html

If this is not your question, please clarify what you mean.

Page 3 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS