Why I am starting to hate this software

Page 7 of 7 (124 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7
This post has 123 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 26108
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 18 2019 5:47 PM

Yuriy, are you having fun posting? It only took one of your posts for me to know that you do not find Logos to your liking. That's fine - don't give it a chance. But please, quit wasting the time of those who read the forums. Thankyou. Have a blessed triduum.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1413
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 18 2019 9:42 PM

Yuriy:

Anyways, I have uninstalled it with urgency. I like PC BIBLE STUDY v5 way more, and am going to continue to use it after trying this "localized website". Bye bye 

Bye bye. Hopefully you are not using 🏴‍☠️ version. 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 309
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2019 5:46 AM

Yuriy:

Downloadable, yet runs through a IE browser? That is not a stand alone application. It's a localized website. It's also funny how you were persuaded that copyright for digital software which is like replicating air has the same copy right as a physical product. Please!

Sounds like you are using the web app. First off, don't use IE. Almost every website works better on any other browser. Second, there is a desktop app that you can download:

Third, you are not just paying for air. You are paying for the countless hours of work that developers have put into the software and the energy and hardware it takes to host your books on a server 24/7 with a lifetime backup AND the hours and hours the authors worked to produce the materials that you are using.

“For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer deserves his wages.”” (1 Timothy 5:18, ESV)

Posts 167
Randall Lind | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2019 7:31 AM

I just started getting email the other day on this topic. Logos is free software you are just paying for books. The underline software is and as always been free. Since books cost a lot or lay people like me have no idea where to start they put together packages of books. The software is very limited without buying a package. I guess I brought this back with logos 4 why would I be getting this email? LOL I own what is now call Sliver which for me is more books I ever need. I did buy all the ebible addon books because I used to have all the ebible software. I think going to the web app even through I have the PC app is awesome. My computers seem sluggish at times with Logos cause it taxers my system. So the way I see it if I can use my library on their server then I get a better experience. I used to help out in Sunday school with kids. The puzzle feature was handy. I think I paid $600-700 for the package I got. They keep emailing me trying to get me to upgrade but like I say I have so much information now I see no need. I will buy a book like 3:16 etc if my favorite writer has something I like but for another package I doubt I will buy one.

Page 7 of 7 (124 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 | RSS