Question about License Transfers

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Victor Scott | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 1 2012 10:56 AM

I hope this is the right place to ask this.

I own Logos 4. I still have my Logos Scholars Library Series X installation discs and the upgrade to Logos 3.0 E (it's a DVD) that I purchased. I have three questions. I would like to give/sell them to someone who could use them.

First, should I give/sell them together? Or can I do this separately?

Second, do the the licenses have to be transferred over to the new owner?

Third, do I lose the ability to access these products if I do transfer the licenses?

I don't want to do anything that would not be helpful to the person that gets them.

Thank you for an help.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 11:04 AM

Victor Scott:

I hope this is the right place to ask this.

I own Logos 4. I still have my Logos Scholars Library Series X installation discs and the upgrade to Logos 3.0 E (it's a DVD) that I purchased. I have three questions. I would like to give/sell them to someone who could use them.

First, should I give/sell them together? Or can I do this separately?

Second, do the the licenses have to be transferred over to the new owner?

Third, do I lose the ability to access these products if I do transfer the licenses?

I don't want to do anything that would not be helpful to the person that gets them.

Thank you for an help.

First, yes, if you transfer your license(s) to another, you lose access to the resources.  I would only recommend this if you have decided that you no longer wish to use Logos. 

Second, I assume you don't use Logos much since we are now on Logos 4.x.  Even the Libronix version you have is old since the last version is 3.0g.

You will be the only one who can determine whether you should dispose of your Logos licenses, but I would encourage you to give it careful consideration.  If you do decide to transfer your licenses, you will need to contact customer support at Logos.  There is a $20 charge per incident to transfer licenses whether that involves 1 resource or 4,000 resources.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3
Victor Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 11:15 AM

Hello George,

I do use my Logos. I still had my older version and rather than having it sit on a shelf, I was wondering if someone else could make use of it.

There is one thing that I want to clarify. I thought that Logos 4 was completely new and that when I upgraded to it I received a new license for it. Are you saying that all previous licenses were bundled up together? And if I transfer the old licenses to someone I loose access to what I have in my current version?

I just want to make sure before I do anything.

Thanks for you previous comments.

Victor

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 11:22 AM

Victor Scott:
There is one thing that I want to clarify. I thought that Logos 4 was completely new and that when I upgraded to it I received a new license for it. Are you saying that all previous licenses were bundled up together? And if I transfer the old licenses to someone I loose access to what I have in my current version?

Your license is not for Libronix 3.x or for Logos 4.  Your license(s) are for the resources you use.  The program itself is always free, but a program without resources is of little or no use.  Therefore, if you use your resource(s) in L3 or L4.x, it is the same license so that if you transfer your license(s), you no longer have access to them any more than you would have access to your car if you transfer it to another.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3
Victor Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 11:43 AM

Ok. Thanks for the illustration! That really helped. Smile

Thank you for the clarification.

I think that just about answers my question(s).

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 5:03 PM

In 2009, Logos changed their licensing so resources are purchased once, then can be used on your electronic devices along with software being free.

Caveat: due to various publisher contracts, about 11 % of my Logos library is not available for mobile use.  Thankful for Logos negotiating with publishers for mobile use without needing to purchase resource again (e.g. NIV).

Thankful can have Libronix 3.0g and Logos 4 installed on a Windows computer.  Effective this month, new resources from Logos will only be in Logos 4 format.  Older Logos resources are still available for use in Libronix 3.

Note: Vyrso books are usable in mobile apps and Logos 4.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS