Free Download: Dictionary of Latin Forms

Page 2 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 49 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 4:36 PM

Robert Booth:

Wheres the index file, i can delete that....hopefully.

Robert, deleting the index file may not help. You need to go to my documents, and look for the folder that says Logos Logs. Upload the file so others can have a look.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 186
Robert G. Mettler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 4:37 PM

Robert Booth:

Hey Clifford, got an indexing issue with the download. It has been sitting at 0% for at least 10 minutes - need to check whatever....anyone else getting this?

I also have an indexing problem after downloading the resource. I tried restarting Logos and even killed the indexer, but it kept coming back and staying at 0%. I even rebooted my computer.  I finally gave up and instituted the command "Rebuild Index'   It is now at about 67% complete. I hope that solved the problem. Very annoying.

Robert

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 4:39 PM

whats the key combo to force an indexing?

edit: I'll try the rebuild...

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 18774
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 4:40 PM

I don't think there's a keyboard shortcut for it. I think you have to type "rebuild index" into the command bar.

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 4:42 PM

Rosie, can you look at my files and see if you can diagnose the problem please? With nearly 4500 resources it will take four or more hours to rebuild my index.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 4:43 PM

ok. I'll be right back..

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 4:49 PM

Peace, Clifford and Louis!       *smile*        and...        ....Always Joy in the Lord!

Thank you more than I could possibly put into words!  Indeed!            I am incredibly pleased and extremely grateful.  This will free me to get more out of my readings since my Latin has become a tad shaky over the years!        

John 8:31-32

Dicebat ergo Jesus ad eos, qui crediderunt ei, Judæos : Si vos manseritis in sermone meo, vere discipuli mei eritis, 32 et cognoscetis veritatem, et veritas liberabit vos.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 5:06 PM

ok. were rollin' now....thank goodness for backups.....never really did trust rollbacks...

Posts 3669
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 5:15 PM

Lynden Williams:
It is stil indexing.

Mine's taking a very long time to index, too... after a couple of hours, only 20% done... of course, in only an hour, look how far it's come from 1% where it was stuck for the 1st hour!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 18774
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 5:21 PM

Lynden Williams:

Rosie, can you look at my files and see if you can diagnose the problem please? With nearly 4500 resources it will take four or more hours to rebuild my index.

I saw this in the log file:

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 216.57.209.242:443

I have no idea what could be causing that, but I know that Logos had some server problems earlier today. We were not able to connect at all to wiki.logos.com or topics.logos.com. Those are back up and running again as of a little before 3PM PST (see this thread), so whatever server Logos wasn't able to connect to for indexing might be back up again now. I looked up the IP address 216.57.209.242 to see what it was (assuming it to be some Logos server) but failed to identify it; however it is hosted at WHIDBEY1 which is where logos.com is hosted (http://seeallweb.org/domain/logos.com) so it's a pretty good bet it's one of theirs.

I'm sorry I don't have time to follow up on this further for you. I'm working on my sermon for this Sunday and need to stay focused on that.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 5:26 PM

Wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

With "permanent" logging enabled (before Logos4Indexer launch), the Logos4Indexer.log file has information about download and indexing progress.

Personally experienced Indexer getting stuck because my temp folder filled up so needed to change my environment variables to use a bigger temp area while indexing Dictionary of Latin Forms.

While Notification % has not changed for awhile; Windows Task Manager shows Logos4Indexer.exe is using 13 % of CPU along with lots of bytes being read and written.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 5:40 PM

Here is the indexer. 6562.Logos4Indexer.log

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 5:42 PM

I wonder why the file is over 40 MB in size?  Where are my Latin pictures?  Smile

It's taking a very very long time for indexing...still at 0%.

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 6:29 PM

Thanks Rosie. It is at 32%

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 6:35 PM

David L Bailey:

I wonder why the file is over 40 MB in size?  Where are my Latin pictures?  Smile

It's taking a very very long time for indexing...still at 0%.

only 40? I see mine as 252. Did we all get the same file?

Posts 186
Robert G. Mettler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 6:56 PM

Robert G. Mettler:

I also have an indexing problem after downloading the resource. I tried restarting Logos and even killed the indexer, but it kept coming back and staying at 0%. I even rebooted my computer.  I finally gave up and instituted the command "Rebuild Index'   It is now at about 67% complete. I hope that solved the problem. Very annoying.

Talking to myself:

1. Downloaded Dictionary of Latin Forms at approx. 2:38 P.M.

2. Wouldn't Index. (stayed at 0%)

3. Finally instituted  "rebuild index" about 3:00 P.M.

4. Completed Indexing at 6:37 P.M.

3517 total resources. Internet connection over a Verizon high speed FIOS

No resources open and no other application except IE running.

System:

HP model h8-1160t

Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz

10.0 GB Installed memory.

64-bit Operating System

5.9 Windows Experience Index.

There is something radically amiss here and it is unique to Logos or to this resource file.

Everything seems to be workingj now, but there is no excuse for this!!!!!!!!!!

Robert

Posts 471
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 7:30 PM

I am having the same problem - indexing and staying at 0%.  I assme the only answer is to do the command to rebuild index?

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 7:44 PM

Nord Zootman:

I am having the same problem - indexing and staying at 0%.  I assme the only answer is to do the command to rebuild index?

I left mine, and eventually it indexed.

Posts 471
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 7:50 PM

Thanks Lynden. I wasn't that patient and started the rebuild index. After 20 minutes it is at 2%, but I guess it is working.

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2012 7:43 AM

So did everyone get the Lexicon working? David reported that his file was only 40mb, mine is 252mb, did we all get the same file downloaded?

Also, I still have the indexing issue apparently, I started L4 and it started the indexing again......Where's Clifford?

Page 2 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS