Free Download: Dictionary of Latin Forms

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 49 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 471
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2012 7:51 AM

It is working fine for me now.  Last night I gave up on the indexing on my laptop and manually commanded it to rebuild the index.  It was fine this morning.  On my desktop this morning it seemed to stall at 0% again, but I just went on with some other work and when I checked a little later it was done.  If i recall correctly both of the downloads were about 47mb.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2012 8:14 AM

Louis St. Hilaire:
I also can't resist putting in another plug for Lewis & Short's Latin Dictionary.

YesYesYes

I really hope this offer doesn't make people less willing to bid on Lewis & Short. Nice as this is, it seems to be Classical, and, well, the few times I'm willing to take the time to consult a Latin original, it's going to be something like Aquinas or some liturgical text or some council document, which this doesn't really seem to be the right dictionary for.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2012 9:29 AM

Nord Zootman:

[...] If i recall correctly both of the downloads were about 47mb.

This size factor does concern me some, how is it that we both downloaded the same download and mine is so much bigger, is there any others who have a different size? I checked my server and the netbook and all have the same.....252mb

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2012 9:57 AM

Robert Booth:
So did everyone get the Lexicon working?

After some indexing trials and tribulations, now working.  Along the way, learned my GlossWordsDict.logos4 resource is 252 MB.  My Logos Library index has grown to 5.92 GB, which runs out of disk space in my 40 GB fast partition when new resources are indexed since a copy of the library index is created while merging postings.  For Windows performance boost, my fast partition (F) also has a large system paging file.

Hence, my Logos 4 resource installation process on Windows has become:

1. Download Logos 4 resource updates and/or purchases
  2. Close all programs
  3. Move 8 GB page file to C:
  4. Reboot
  5. Logos 4 Index resources
  6. Defragment my fast partition (F:)
  7. Move 8 GB page file to F:  (leaves 6.69 GB free)
  8. Move Logos4Indexer.log file
  9. Reboot
  10. Open programs for use, including Logos 4

By the way, completely rebuilding my Bible and Library indexes took 4 hours 17 minutes; my library has 6,287 resources (16.1 GB): Scholar's Platinum plus Master Library Builder plus many Community Pricing titles (past year) plus more.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2012 10:09 AM

Interesting KS4J.

the size concerned me so I:

Logged in as Admin

deleted the resource from the resource folder

Rebooted and logged in proper

started L4

got the update notice and followed through w/it

had the same size and currently on the downside of Indexing..

[edit: OL(JG), under 2k resources, just over 7gb ]

Posts 8084
LogosEmployee

We will be publishing an update to this resource (which fixes this problem) very soon.

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2012 10:32 AM

Bradley Grainger:

We will be publishing an update to this resource (which fixes this problem) very soon.

Which problem. I set up a layout called Latin and have most of the latin books ready to go. are you by chance referring to the size or the indexing issue?

Posts 8084
LogosEmployee

Bradley Grainger:

A message about the update to this resource has been posted: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/46417.aspx

Posts 8084
LogosEmployee

Robert Booth:

Which problem. I set up a layout called Latin and have most of the latin books ready to go. are you by chance referring to the size or the indexing issue?

It fixes the indexing problem.

There is no size problem: the size of the download is 47MB; this is decompressed to 252MB when the resource is installed. This is by design.

(The size of the update is only 20KB; again, this generates a 252MB file.)

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2012 11:06 AM

Thanks, I kinda thunk it but did not want to mention it pre-maturely.

Thanks for the fix..

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS