No Bibles!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Skip Boyer | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 3 2012 12:30 PM

I purchased the Paul Lee Tan 7700 Bible Illustrations and downloaded it from the web.

I am running W7 X64. After installing L4, and opening it, I have no Bibles to choose from in my "preferred Bible" section of my "ribbon". When I go to my account online it shows I have the KJV and have downloaded it. I have but only on my IPod and IPad, not my PC.

Kind of frustrating....................

Any help?

Posts 29802
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 1:31 PM

Skip - First, welcome to the forums! Sorry you are having troubles. 

Have you run L4 before, or did you just purchase the single resource (7700 Bible Illustrations)?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3
Skip Boyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 1:35 PM

Nope, first time and that was all I had bought. And I understand that you need to purchase stuff BUT, it does say that the KJV is already mine so...............Just trying to figure out how to make it show up!

Thanks for the welcome by the way! ;)

Posts 29802
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 1:35 PM

Taking a look at the resource 7700 Bible Illustrations, it comes with every base package. I am assuming this means that you do not have a base package of any sort. The mobile app comes with some free resources, but the desktop app does not. If I understand your situation correctly, the reason you are not seeing any bibles is because you have not purchased any. 

Posts 29802
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 1:36 PM

Skip Boyer:
it does say that the KJV is already mine

Where do you see that it says that you own the KJV? Do you just mean that you can view it on the mobile app? 

Posts 3
Skip Boyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 1:43 PM

Will have a base package in a few.

I went to download the KJV from the web, on my PC and it said that it was installed already. it must have been making reference to my mobile apps or something.

At any rate, after I get that base package installed, I will have to see what shows up. Thanks for your help!

Posts 29802
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 2:21 PM

Skip Boyer:
Thanks for your help!

Glad to help. One thing… Once you download your base package, your computer will need to "index" the resources. This is the process that helps Logos perform searches. Depending upon your computer specs & package, this could take a while. It is shorter, however, on the PC than MAC (which I use). Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 4:53 PM

Skip Boyer:
At any rate, after I get that base package installed, I will have to see what shows up.

Welcome Big Smile

Wiki has Getting Started with Logos => Installation + Indexing

Logos has some free resources => http://www.logos.com/products/search?start=&sort=pricelo&pageSize=30 that includes a few Bibles.

Also Vyrso books are usable in Logos 4 => http://vyrso.com (Today, Vyrso has 4 free books available for March Special)

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS