Notes and note taking

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 146
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:06 AM

It appears that my taking of notes since 1994 and the numerous note files impacts the speed with which I can turn pages in my preferred Bible.  As much as 10 seconds to turn a page.  If my assumption is correct any suggestions on how to remedy the problem.  The time delay in turning pages, searching and wordstudy make it impossible to use my iPad for anything other than a reader.

Posts 9138
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:14 AM

Joe,

You posted this under Logos 4 Windows but refer to a problem with the iOS app for the iPad. If that is where the problem lies, try re-posting this to the iPhone/iPad forum. Those with experience using the iPad will see it there.

Do you notice the same sort of lag using your laptop/desktop? If not my guess is that Logos has to sync the notes on your iPad each time you turn a page and what you are experiencing is the delay in that happening. As I said, best to raise an iPad specific problem in the other forum as users there may know what is happening and if there is a work-around.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 28372
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:21 AM

Joe - As Mark suggested, it would be best to post this in the iPhone/iPad forum.

Some thoughts:

1. Have you downloaded the resource?
  2. How big is your note file(s)? Act like you are going to print the file (don't!). It will tell you how many pages it would be printed.
  3. Have you tried taking your iPad offline to test it out? Turn your iPad to Airplane mode in your iPad settings.
  4. How do other translations compare in speed?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 146
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:30 AM

Disregard, wrong place, needs to be iPad

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS