Page 3 of 5 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 83 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 6:00 AM

Randal M Lane:

I already own an iPad, bought a year ago. I would certainly buy the new one if did not already own one, but I don' think the new one announced yesterday justifies the huge price to upgrade.

That you already own an iPad 2, I can see your thinking considering the cost of the upgrade, which is primarily the display. It's all I can do to pull the trigger on buying one to start with.

What about selling yours? Would the difference be worth the upgrade?

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 846
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 6:02 AM

Bill Moore:

Eric, 3700 songs?! Big Smile

Every Bob Dylan CD except the complete Original Mono Recordings, plus a few Dylan Cover compilations (I'm Not There soundtrack; Amnesty International's Chimes of Freedom), a few other artists' albums - plus all the tracks on my Living Koine Greek and Living Biblical Hebrew books + CDs/MP3s from Randall Buth (http://www.biblicallanguagecenter.com/) plus my MP3s of the complete Tanakh in Hebrew. (I could also load Zodhiates' Greek NT, but I got kind of tired of his voice. Maybe someday....). Cool

I work just 2 blocks from AT&T's headquarters, so I'll probably go today or Monday at lunch to the store there and have them show me and explain the 4G pricing and options compared to what we currently pay for our iPhone usage. I can probably figure it out on my own via the Internet, but I'd rather do it in person. Plus, that gives me a chance to admire The Golden Boy again - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_of_Communication Geeked

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 6:08 AM

Bill Moore:

Randal M Lane:

I already own an iPad, bought a year ago. I would certainly buy the new one if did not already own one, but I don' think the new one announced yesterday justifies the huge price to upgrade.

That you already own an iPad 2, I can see your thinking considering the cost of the upgrade, which is primarily the display. It's all I can do to pull the trigger on buying one to start with.

What about selling yours? Would the difference be worth the upgrade?

Probably not. I strongly believe the next iPad will have a full-fledged 4-core CPU, and likely more RAM too. Even if the cost to upgrade to iPad 3 were marginalized by selling my current iPad 1, I'd still prefer to save the $$ for the one I really feel compelled to upgrade to. I have plenty of other items that call for tech budget $, all yielding more wanted improvement than the iPad 3 upgrade would give me.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 6:12 AM

As a point of reference I have 467 books downloaded on my iPad, which are generally reference books, and the Logos app takes up 3.9 GB.  I have had my 32 GB iPad for about a year and have used about 1/3 of the storage space, but I don't load a lot of music, photos or movies.  I am glad I didn't go with the 16GB model, if for no other reason than peace of mind.  Mine is wifi only and I haven't missed the 3g service, but then again I could see why a busy, mobile pastor would want that feature.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 22223
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 6:19 AM

Jerry M:
As a point of reference I have 467 books downloaded on my iPad, which are generally reference books, and the Logos app takes up 3.9 GB

As another reference point, I have 293 resources downloaded which takes 4.5GB.

These are primarily commentaries and encyclopedia.

Graham

Posts 27962
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 8:36 AM

Bill Moore:
Eric, 3700 songs?!

I have 7725. Big Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 8:54 AM

alabama24:

Bill Moore:
Eric, 3700 songs?!

I have 7725. Big Smile

Well, foolish me for reading too quickly. I read "songs" as "albums" and was blown away! I just checked my iTunes and found I have 2789 songs. Smile I don't plan to put them on a tablet though, just on my Lenovo ThinkPad T500 and my iPhone.

Still, Alabama, 7725? Wink

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 27962
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 9:12 AM

Bill Moore:
I just checked my iTunes and found I have 2789 songs. Smile I don't plan to put them on a tablet though

I recommend subscribing to iTunes Music Match ($25/year). You can have access to all your music on all your devices. You can download the ones you want on demand.

Bill Moore:
Still, Alabama, 7725?

Yup. My music tastes are quite eclectic, though I listen mostly to more traditional country & folk. I am sure I have music that will drive anyone crazy. Big Smile

Posts 1870
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 9:22 AM

alabama24:

Bill Moore:
Eric, 3700 songs?!

I have 7725. Big Smile

On the IPod classic, I have 7190 songs, 214 videos.   The music ranges from classical to heavy metal, The Scriptures in Hebrew and Greek for more devotional times. Gotta have Stryper available something during the day.

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 9:27 AM

I have 17,817 "songs" in my iTunes.

Posts 27962
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 1:05 PM

Alan Charles Gielczyk:
I have 17,817 "songs" in my iTunes.

YesBig SmileCool

Posts 4694
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 11:39 PM

I have 15 000 000 songs

on Napster

:-)

Posts 197
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2012 10:29 AM

Since I have been using an Android Tablet, for which I am not totally sold on, and because Apple has done something Steve Jobs was reluctant to do (lowering prices), I will be getting the iPad 2 in a few weeks.  I really don't have any use for the HD capabilities, although it looked nice, as did some of the other features.  16 GB WiFi will last me a long time.

Posts 156
Andrew Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 7:49 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:
Who will be getting one?

Yup, my first iPad. Thought I'd wait for this one. It has already been dispatched so I might see it before Friday Big Smile

I'm looking forward to using Logos on it. Should be nicer than using my iPhone.

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 8:33 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Who will be getting one? I ordered mine.

How about another "me too" post?  64G wifi only, shipped last Friday from China and should be here by the end of the weekBig Smile 

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 9:00 AM

Mike, I did the exact same thing. I currently have an iPad 1 with 64k 3G. I RARELy ever used 3G and despised having to pay for the 3G. My thought was that if I wanted Internet I would like to have the 3G option. But then, much to my dismay, the 3G connectivity was far from reliable.  This time around I opted for wifi only. No regrets!

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 9:25 AM

Garrett Mercury:
the 3G connectivity was far from reliable.

I have a Kindle with free 3g and never use the 3g.  It's very slow and I pretty much never read outdoors (except for looking up an occasional bible reference and study bible note on my iPod while hiking). Everyplace i'd use the iPad around here has wifi. I definitely looking forward to having my Logos resources on this (especially the lexicons,  Too bad HALOT isn't available on mobile yet).  The cost for the data plans seems a bit ridiculous ($30 plus fees for 2g/month around here ...No Thanks).

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 9:31 AM

Mike W:

Kevin A. Purcell:

Who will be getting one? I ordered mine.

How about another "me too" post?  64G wifi only, shipped last Friday from China and should be here by the end of the weekBig Smile 

China? Mine shipped from Tennessee on Saturday. If yours really shipped from China I would not expect it this week.

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 9:48 AM

Alan Charles Gielczyk:
China? Mine shipped from Tennessee on Saturday. If yours really shipped from China I would not expect it this week.

According to the Apple store site It shipped from EPZ China, Through Chengdu China and Anchorage Alaska. It was at Louisville Kentucky yesterday. Scheduled delivery is by end of day Friday (Looks like Apple is serious about the delivery date on these).  I got the engraving on mine so that may be why it wasn't shipped locally.

Posts 846
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 9:58 AM

As I note elsewhere, I have my entire downloadable library (Platinum, plus many additional resources) on my iPhone and it takes 10.9GB:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/46804.aspx

A QUESTION: How quickly does tethering to an iPhone (I have the 4S, which has worse battery life than a 4 or 3G) drain the iPhone battery? That's one reason I could see getting a 4G iPad 3 with it's own data plan.

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Page 3 of 5 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS