Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 908
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:01 AM

Jerry M:

David Carter:
the secret password

Since it is officially in beta, I would expect everything to be public knowledge.  Unless it has been changed the password is faithlife.

I doubt that everything is public knowledge given the NDA statement on the page now. I would guess access will be granted to people strictly by invitation only at the moment

Posts 6473
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:02 AM

Jerry M:

Jerry M:
 Unless it has been changed the password is faithlife.

Or perhaps I am thinking of the coupon code.  You sign in just like you do any other time in Logos.

My password, the coupon code, email address, none of them work.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 9812
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:07 AM

Jerry M:

Jerry M:

Or perhaps I am thinking of the coupon code.  You sign in just like you do any other time in Logos.

No. Don't confuse faithlife.com with faithlifebible.com. The former takes a Logos sign on, the latter now requires a password which is neither the Logos ID password nor "faithlife". I don't know it either. Maybe this is the quick solution to have the site up for dev & test but without too eager beta testers disturbing the work.

Faithlife is for the community, the bible notes (as far as they're working) are on biblia, the FSB in Logos - let's wait what they put under faithlifebiblia. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:30 AM

NB.Mick:

Jerry M:

Jerry M:

No. Don't confuse faithlife.com with faithlifebible.com. The former takes a Logos sign on, the latter now requires a password which is neither the Logos ID password nor "faithlife". I don't know it either. Maybe this is the quick solution to have the site up for dev & test but without too eager beta testers disturbing the work.

Faithlife is for the community, the bible notes (as far as they're working) are on biblia, the FSB in Logos - let's wait what they put under faithlifebiblia. 

Sorry for the misinformation, I hadn't known of that site.  I have mostly been plugging around in the iOS Faithlife app.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 9:28 AM

We are missing something......?

Biblia messes up when you add notes, faithlife seems somewhat limited, so we are missing something.....

Biblia:

you can add a note to one version but it corrupts that version and the only visable version for the note is the NET, appartently. It does pull up some resources from your library, i tried the copy paste into a note and it appears to work, but then I deleted the note.....it seems that you can post straight from biblia to your groups but when you do the note/post goes into never never cyber-land. I have not found the post in any of my groups public or private - but it went somewhere..../? So who got it? you can see it in biblia but nowhere else. You can do a share of a verse and post it as a share and direct it to a group...maybe thats it/?

Faithlife:

seems relatively simple. Not much going on there; you can add a group; but posting in the group requires you to slow down on your posting it has a time lapse/response time/ for others to see your post, possibly because of the intergration with something else - maybe the whole of the program i dunno. can't find the calander as it states in the video but I think that is in the group settings i will have to recheck, i think that it was under 'events' -just checked did not see anything. maybe its from faithlifebible.../?[i left a trail of posts in 'faithlife beta' this should help...]

Overall:

I know its just beta, so we must be missing something.

Well theres some feed back................

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 9812
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 9:33 AM

Room,

You just closed the christadelphian group, right? Now i can see on biblia that there's a note in James 4:1, but can't see its content. Wanted to change back from follower to member and it seems you need to allow me.

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 9:47 AM

NB.Mick:

Room,

You just closed the christadelphian group, right? Now i can see on biblia that there's a note in James 4:1, but can't see its content. Wanted to change back from follower to member and it seems you need to allow me.

Ok. Done. I had to try something to see where it went…

Posts 9812
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 10:00 AM

Room4more:

NB.Mick:

Room,

Ok. Done. I had to try something to see where it went…

thanks. I now see this is still Alex' note on James 4:1 (and probably the one that kills display of James 4 in HSBC, ESV and NIV...)

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 10:23 AM

NB.Mick:

thanks. I now see this is still Alex' note on James 4:1 (and probably the one that kills display of James 4 in HSBC, ESV and NIV...)

Yes that’s correct. He will have to sign in and delete it. I just hope that it has no effect on other groups…Maybe someone reading can sign in to biblia.com and see what they get and tell us here...

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 10:28 AM

What if I don't want to delete it :D

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 10:36 AM

Alexander Longacre:

What if I don't want to delete it :D

hhehee! thats your call.....////oh I forgot to add that biblia and faithlife run really shoody in IE8, so anyone using it will have a difficult time, but it runs fairly smooth on the netbook, on a pc/laptop they might want to get chrome....

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 10:38 AM

Oh, OK! I deleted it :D

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 10:41 AM

Alexander Longacre:

Thanks. I see all the chaptrs for HCSB, NASB, ESV, NIV, etc....so the note thingiee has an issue....

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 10:41 AM

Could have to do with me spamming notes before it syncs... :D

Posts 9812
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 10:42 AM

Alexander Longacre:

and... woosh, one F5 later, James 4 in NIV turns up... Care to re-enter a note in the NET to see whether it breaks the other bibles again?

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 10:46 AM

NB.Mick:

Alexander Longacre:

and... woosh, one F5 later, James 4 in NIV turns up... Care to re-enter a note in the NET to see whether it breaks the other bibles again?

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAA!!!!!!!! Big Smile Sad Crying Hmm Super Angry hehehe1 [go for it....]

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 11:01 AM

NB.Mick:

Alexander Longacre:

I can't. LOL It thinks the NET is not a Bible. :D

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 11:04 AM

Alexander Longacre:

NB.Mick:

Alexander Longacre:

Hebrews 12:7 ---totally destoyed it....check it. did it while in the NET

Posts 9812
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 11:09 AM

Alexander Longacre:

NB.Mick:

Alexander Longacre:

Strange. I tested it myself:

a note to James 4:3 NET under group Christadelphian. Reload button: NIV display of ch 4 gone. Deleted the note, reload again: there, it's back. 

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 11:13 AM

yuppers same here, delete the note and all is fine....ok i got to go to aerobics to tighten my gluutes,,,,,ltr....Pizza Embarrassed Confused

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS