Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 34
dency hutchings | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 15 2012 10:13 AM

I am running Libronix 3.g in Windows 7 (IE 9 w/update i think) and updating by Tools-Update gets me the same resource list every time.  I have updated to Logo's 4 but would like a complete library in Libronix.  I went to the Wiki for Libronix. Having found much help here I decided to post for help before I called.

Thanks for your help.  I appreciate your efforts.

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 11:04 AM

dency hutchings:

I am running Libronix 3.g in Windows 7 (IE 9 w/update i think) and updating by Tools-Update gets me the same resource list every time.  I have updated to Logo's 4 but would like a complete library in Libronix.  I went to the Wiki for Libronix. Having found much help here I decided to post for help before I called

If I understand you correctly you are wanting the same resources in L3 that you have in L4? Is this correct…If it is I hate to say that it will not be. L4 resources are programmed differently and to date they are on the verge of having all future ebooks under the L4 programming. This makes what you have in L3 just about useless in L4. What they have done is manage to get some of the L3 resources compiled to the L4 program, but I can say not all. -or- If you are wanting L4 resources in L3, again this will not happen the programming in L3 cannot support L4 resources....

If there are particular resources that you find are not in L4 but in L3, I would call Logos and inquire from them directly.---

If you are looking for a list of resources in L3 then I can type you the path to take to get it in L3...

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 34
dency hutchings | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 11:22 AM

Thank you Room4more,

I have been researching and found this Link :

http://www.logos.com/L4/support/Logos4Resources

Now I am downloading the resources that will work (I think :).  Again thanks and I appreciate the post.

After you navigate to the link please read the entire page for your specific package instructions.

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 11:28 AM

That was my next suggestion, but glad you found it.

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 12:13 PM

Dency, there are two things to know that may affect what you see in L3:

1. Logos stopped producing new resources in L3 format as of the end of February I believe. Any resources produced after that date will not have L3 compatible versions.

2. Some 'resources' in L4 base packages do not work in L3. Timelines are one I can think of immediately.

The result of differences in the two programs means there will be different resource counts between L3 and L4 even when you have everything you can have in both versions.

Be sure to run this script on the computer you have L3 on: http://www.logos.com/media/update/ResourceAutoUpdate.lbxupd

You can also check this page to find a script to add resources in L3 that came with an L4 package you may have upgraded to: http://wiki.logos.com/KF_Resources_for_Logos_3  Click on the package you have listed there.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1145
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 12:42 PM

Mark Smith:
as of the end of February I believe

Hi Mark,

It's the end of March, not February.   Time

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 12:46 PM

Actually, they're still sort of producing L3 resources until the end of March (or at least that was Bob's commitment).

EDIT: Joan beat me to it!  But the qualifier was that the resource had to be usable in L3.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 34
dency hutchings | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 1:23 PM

Thanks Mark,

That is going to be helpful.  I am following the Link I posted and have found when running that script I have to pick a few books at a time as some books will not download.  Probably due the compatibility of formats as mentioned. I ran http://www.logos.com/media/update/ResourceAutoUpdate.lbxupd that script once already but will run it again after the next download completes. Then I will use the http://wiki.logos.com/KF_Resources_for_Logos_3 to see if it is more stream friendly.

You all have been kind and thank you.

Posts 34
dency hutchings | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 3:38 PM

Mark, I had not used the first link because it ended in f not g.  However, I did this time and it streamed all the way through \o/.  On the second link I believe it is an exact copy of the one I was using. The list that did not download is interesting.  Attached is the list (if there are some that should have downloaded please inform me so I can go back and get them.)  Currently downloading 'Optional'.

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 4:35 PM

dency hutchings:
The list that did not download is interesting.  Attached is the list (if there are some that should have downloaded please inform me so I can go back and get them.)

Do you already show these resources in L3? Maybe there is a new one in there, but I think you are just seeing updated copies for the most part. If you have th download time, I'd simply update all of the Recommended resources.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 4:38 PM

Joan Korte:
It's the end of March, not February.

That's what I wasn't sure of. I've stopped updating my only Libronix installation so it wasn't a date I needed to remember.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 34
dency hutchings | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 5:40 PM

Mark

I appreciate the help much, thank you.  It looks like they are in my Library.

I thought screen shots would help others skip a few steps in the process.  I see that each users library will return different results.  Rejoicing for the good hearts, effort, and kindness shown.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS