Visual filter passage list

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 200
Dudley C. Rose | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 16 2012 12:23 PM

Here's something a little foolish. I would like to apply a visual filter to all Bible text referred to in a passage list. I wanted to give a visual demonstration of just how little of the Bible we cover when we preach from the lectionary exclusively. Is this possible?

Posts 26021
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 12:39 PM

Dudley C. Rose:
Is this possible?

Unfortunately no. It has been requested regularly and is on uservoice as a requested feature.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 2:06 PM

Dudley C. Rose:

Here's something a little foolish. I would like to apply a visual filter to all Bible text referred to in a passage list. I wanted to give a visual demonstration of just how little of the Bible we cover when we preach from the lectionary exclusively. Is this possible?

A visual filter using morph search in a passage list has highlighting differences in English and Hebrew:

Morph Search visual filter can highlight all original language words (quickly), but reverse interlinear tagging does not have a morph code associated for all words.

Thread shows a search for all Words of Christ using wildcards => The words of Jesus

Bible Search visual filter could use a passage list with:

a*,b*,c*,d*,e*,f*,g*,h*,i*,j*,k*,l*,m*,n*,o*,p*,q*,r*,s*,t*,u*,v*,w*,x*,y*,z*

to highlight all English words in every verse.  Caveat: visual filter performance will be sluggish at best since wildcard searching is slow.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 18632
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 24 2013 11:46 PM

I know this is an old thread, but it came up in discussion recently on another thread.

There is now a suggestion on the Logos UserVoice forum for Make visual filter from passage list -- if you're interested in this being added as a feature, please go vote for it.

Posts 5
Arnold McKinlay | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 25 2013 6:19 PM

This is not a foolish question because I have been searching for a way to do this.

Posts 18632
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 25 2013 6:25 PM

Arnold S. McKinlay:

This is not a foolish question because I have been searching for a way to do this.

Arnold, see my post just above yours, and go vote for this feature. It would be a great addition to a future version of Logos, and we need more people to vote for it to raise its profile in the Logos Developers' long list of desired features.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS