Will L4 upgrade appear in L3

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
Jack Kerby | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 13 2009 7:53 AM

If I upgrade to platinum, will I be able to get the resources into L3? Too many functions I use everyday are missing in L4; e.g., I haven't been able to find the resource table of contents available under "about this resouce", which I use to prepare lesson outlines, so I may be using L3 for a long time.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 7:56 AM

JackKerby:

If I upgrade to platinum, will I be able to get the resources into L3? Too many functions I use everyday are missing in L4; e.g., I haven't been able to find the resource table of contents available under "about this resouce", which I use to prepare lesson outlines, so I may be using L3 for a long time.

Not yet, Bob P has said that they are working on a way to get the new L4 resources into LDLS 3, but it's not working yet (There are some new resources that LDLS 3 probably won't ever be able to use, like the Biblical Places/People resources).

You can still access the table of contents in L4, whether from an open resource to its TOC page (if you want to copy and paste) or click the >> in the resource pane to unfold it.

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 7:58 AM

JackKerby:

Yes.

But it will take some time to get the new resources compiled for L3. I'm not certain all of them will be, since some resources (e.g. Biblical people) replace add-ins in L3 for the same level (which you should also have). Update scripts for L3 will also be released that will help this process.

NOTE: don't expect this to happen overnight. It could take months for L3 resources to catch up with L4 (which still doesn't have all its own resources finished), and the majority of the work is going to be on L4 probably at least through the release of 4.0a.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS