Reading LOGOS books on the Kindle

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3666
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 17 2012 10:08 AM

This may be old, but I have not seen it.  There is a virtual printer provided by Amazon that will send documents directly to your Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000719931

After installing this printer and signing into your Kindle account (one time), you can "print" documents directly to your Kindle(s).  This works with LOGOS, as well as any program that allows printing.  The documents arrive into Kindle as PDF documents - but it does eliminate one step in the conversion process.

At this point, as best I can tell, this tool is only available for the PC - thus this message is posted in the "LOGOS 4 Windows" forum.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 27801
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 17 2012 10:16 AM

Floyd Johnson:
At this point, as best I can tell, this tool is only available for the PC

Mac users can print anything to a PDF - It's built into MAC OSX. Amazon provides each kindle user (whether kindle device, or kindle app) an email address that can be used to send PDF's to their device (or app). This tool seems to be taking a feature available to Mac users (print to PDF) and merging it with their "send to kindle" email address feature. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3666
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 17 2012 2:14 PM

alabama24:
Mac users can print anything to a - It's built into MAC OSX. provides each kindle user (whether kindle device, or kindle app) an email address that can be used to send PDF's to their device (or app). This tool seems to be taking a feature available to Mac users (print to PDF) and merging it with their "send to kindle" email address feature. 

PC users have several third party options for doing this - and many programs have PDF printing built in.  This was the first time I saw it being merged (as you say) with the Kindle e-mail address.  

My hope is that the PC users might find it helpful - I already have.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 27801
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 17 2012 7:35 PM

YesSmile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 17 2012 11:53 PM

Floyd Johnson:

This may be old, but I have not seen it.  There is a virtual printer provided by Amazon that will send documents directly to your Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000719931

After installing this printer and signing into your Kindle account (one time), you can "print" documents directly to your Kindle(s).  This works with LOGOS, as well as any program that allows printing.  The documents arrive into Kindle as PDF documents - but it does eliminate one step in the conversion process.

Hi Floyd,

Thanks for writing this tip. I had missed the Print to Kindle ability.

Now, where are my Logos4 books stored on my computer so I can try this out?

Charlene

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 17 2012 11:57 PM

Charlene:
Now, where are my Logos4 books stored on my computer so I can try this out?

In thread => Sharing resources of LOGos 4 with Kindle Halo Hound replied => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/27872/242413.aspx#242413

Halo Hound:

Matthew Helfrich:

so it could display better if the page size is shrunk down to a 4" X 5" dimension...is that what your saying?

Yes. If you set up a Word Document template with a 4X5 or 4.5X5 page size, .02 margins all around, 12pt font Your PDF will look pretty good on a Kindle. to test it out set up a document with the above settings. Export from Logos to a new Word document. I find if you try to use this new document it will reset everything to 8.5X11. Then place a single space in the 4X5 doc. then copy and paste all the exported Logos text into the 4X5 doc.If you don't put a space in the document it will do what Word does best, reset everything to what it wants. Let me know if you have any questions.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 18 2012 10:25 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Halo Hound:

Matthew Helfrich:

so it could display better if the page size is shrunk down to a 4" X 5" dimension...is that what your saying?

Yes. If you set up a Word Document template with a 4X5 or 4.5X5 page size, .02 margins all around, 12pt font Your PDF will look pretty good on a Kindle. to test it out set up a document with the above settings. Export from Logos to a new Word document. I find if you try to use this new document it will reset everything to 8.5X11. Then place a single space in the 4X5 doc. then copy and paste all the exported Logos text into the 4X5 doc.If you don't put a space in the document it will do what Word does best, reset everything to what it wants. Let me know if you have any questions.

worked REALLY well for my, thank you!

Posts 1511
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 18 2012 10:53 AM

Here is another method you may find even more useful, as it includes a native Kindle TOC, footnote support, and chapter navigation:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/47210.aspx

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS