Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27666
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 17 2012 11:28 AM

A Logos employee made a post which appeared in my "My Faithlife." This employee shares one group in common with me. Another employee told me that I saw this post because we share a group in common.

I can easily imagine a situation where this would not be desirable!  Imagine if Liberty University Online created a group (70,000 current students). I would certainly not want to be a part of that group if I were going to see all of those updates! Am I missing something? Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 919
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 17 2012 11:40 AM

alabama24:

Am I missing something? Smile

No, I was thinking along the same lines this morning, wondering how it is determined what items appear in "My Faithlife". It's fine at the moment with a small number of testers as you say, but I would have no desire to see updates from thousands of people (especially if I disagree with them Big Smile)

Posts 106
LogosEmployee
Richard Kiene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 17 2012 12:57 PM

The hope is that a large group like that would have a manageable set of "Members" who share "My Faithlife" posts, and a very large set of "Followers" or "Observers" who do not see each others "My Faithlife" posts, but do see posts directed at that group in their "My Faithlife" feed.

Posts 27666
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 17 2012 1:04 PM

Thanks for the explanation! Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS