Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 51 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 8:54 AM

Yuppers, The Notes issue(s) and the PBB's are some of the things keeping my L3 loaded.....

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 21
Dr. Dr. Henryk Vorast | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 12:58 PM

Dear Kent,

I have made a lot of annotations in my Libronix-Library. Is there a way to transform all annotations to Logos 4? I have already Logos 4, but I do not see my annotations. I thank you for your answer in advance. God bless! Henryk

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 1:27 PM

Dr. Dr. Henryk Vorast:

Dear Kent, 

I have made a lot of annotations in my Libronix-Library. Is there a way to transform all annotations to Logos 4? I have already Logos 4, but I do not see my annotations. I thank you for your answer in advance. God bless! Henryk

There is a sync note command for L4 to bring your notes over, but there is also a update notes command for L3 that must be done prior to this…but I could not find it on the wiki page, but am sure someone will read this and know where it is….

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 2:02 PM

Dr. Dr. Henryk Vorast:

Dear Kent,

The command to import notes is Import ALL.  The sync command syncs your notes with L4's servers in the cloud.  Here is some more info on importing L3 content into L4: http://www.logos.com/l4/support/importing-ldls-content

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 2:11 PM

Room4more:
but I could not find it on the wiki page

Wiki Upgrading from LDLS3 has link => Importing from LDLS3

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 21
Dr. Dr. Henryk Vorast | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 2:34 PM

Dear Tom, I thank you. I followed your link and now my programmes are working the next 4 hours. I think it will work. Have a nice day, God bless you! Henryk

Posts 21
Dr. Dr. Henryk Vorast | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 2:35 PM

I also thank you for your help! God bless! Henryk

Posts 3
Scott F. Marsh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 8:20 PM

What about the Logos March Madness resources? Are you eliminating the Libronix 3 versions of these? Does this also mean the Alexander Strauch Church Leadership Series scheduled to release next week (that I ordered on PrePub in Jan. 2011) will only by Logos 4? If so, I am canceling the order, and every other order I have on PrePub. I spent hundreds of dollars getting a new computer to run Logos 4, and it still doesn't run right. I will continue to use Libronix 3, and will not be buying anything new from you.

Posts 10242
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 8:39 PM

Scott ... welcome to the forums.

In answer to your concerns:

(1) As far as we know, any resources produced prior to 1 April 2012 will have a Libronix version (with a few exceptions, where not feasible). So your Madness excitement should still be purchasable in Libronix3 format.

(2) And yes, resources shipped 1 April 2012 and thereafter will be in Logos4 format only. I was one of the big whiners back in January, and the CEO was gracious enough to extend the deadline to allow additional purchasing time.

You mention a problem with Logos4? That would be the easy solution?

Posts 3
Scott F. Marsh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 8:50 PM

Yes, I have several problems with Logos 4. It is such a memory hog it takes forever to be able to use it, and I have a lot of resources compiled with the Personal Book Builder that cannot be used in Logos 4. Bigger and newer is not always better.

Posts 10242
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2012 8:57 PM

Well, you're preaching to the choir ... Libronix is my favorite and I've pretty much bought all I want from Logos. But I can certainly empathize with some of the new pre-pubs that are about to ship that you've been planning for.

The only other solution is to try to optimize Logos4 on your PC ... the forum can help in that area?

Posts 21
Dr. Dr. Henryk Vorast | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 30 2012 1:02 AM

Dear Tom, just one more question: I did as you recommended. After 5 hours processing I do not see my notes/annotations I did in Libronix before. What have I to do? Can you help me again? I thank you in advance! Have a nice day, Henryk

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 30 2012 3:20 AM

Dr. Dr. Henryk Vorast:

Dear Tom, just one more question: I did as you recommended. After 5 hours processing I do not see my notes/annotations I did in Libronix before. What have I to do? Can you help me again? I thank you in advance! Have a nice day, Henryk

Without any screen shots or log files, it is going to be hard to troubleshoot your problem.  Here is the page that tells us how to turn on logging: http://www.logos.com/L4/Support/DiagnosticLogging

IMHO, Logos 4 was poorly design, and it requires everything to be in its default location.  Therefore your notes MUST BE in their default location.

So, if you could enable logging, ensure your notes are in their default location (if you did not change them, do not worry about it), then try to import them again.  If you do not see them, please upload your logs to the forum so we can see what is going wrong.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 30 2012 3:38 AM

Scott F. Marsh:

Yes, I have several problems with Logos 4. It is such a memory hog it takes forever to be able to use it, and I have a lot of resources compiled with the Personal Book Builder that cannot be used in Logos 4. Bigger and newer is not always better.

I too still use L3, but I use it for the notes function because the note function is so poor (even after the massive updates to it) compare to L3.  About once a month or so, I delete all of my notes in L4 and re-import my 3 notes into L4.

Posts 38
Todd Beall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 31 2012 11:32 PM

I think this is is a huge mistake on the part of Logos. I own both, but have never moved to 4 because of all the problems others have had. I don't need the hassle, since Libronix works fine for my needs.

I have lots of prepubs, etc. And now (I am learning for the first time--having gotten the message when I fired up Libronix tonight) I find out that you won't be preparing a Libronix version??????? Really????

I am going on a missions trip Monday, and will be out of commission for about half a month. But I seriously hope Logos rethinks this.

As for the announcement, was it emailed to all Logos owners in December?? This is serious, and it should have been clearly stated before I was allowed to get a prepub, thinking it would be produced in the earlier version!

Very shortsighted thinking, in my view. I hope enough pressure is put to bear that you rethink this decision!

Todd

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 1 2012 5:30 AM

Todd,

I do not know (remember) if Logos sent out an email, but they clearly stated that they are no longer going to be producing resources in L3 format.  Then again, I do not know of any company that sends out an email to their customer base when they are going to sundown an older version of one of their products.

While I still have issues with L4 (and I still use L3) , L4 has changed a lot since it has came out.  Therefore, do not allow the problems other people are having with L4 from you moving to L4.  You might not have their problems.

Posts 3667
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 1 2012 2:13 PM

Todd Beall:
never moved to 4 because of all the problems others have had.

Hi Todd,

Although I still have L3 installed (now in a minority), my preferred tool for some time has been L4. It's more than overcome all its teething problems. And it's far more powerful than L3 is--even if some folks will point to a few features that are still missing (ergo I'm not alone in having L3 installed, even if I"m in a shrinking minority).

If you write sermons or prepare bible studies, L4 can put a turbo charger on your efforts if you'll give it an honest shot.

Many blessings on your studies.... 

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 11
Brett Austin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 14 2012 10:06 PM

Hi again :)

Unfortunately, I can't use Logos 3, as it is prohibitively slow on my ebook. Libronix is great however.

In a couple of years I will buy a computer that will run Logos 3, but until then, I have to stick with Libronix DLS 3.0g.

I just bought The Expositor's Bible Commentary, but now the option to download/install it on Libronix is missing. It's an old resource, so it should still be compatible with Libronix, but how to install it?

I have downloaded the 12 files from my 'orders' page, and copied them into my resource folder, but they don't appear in my library.

I have done the 'refresh resources' process, and tried deleting the 'cache' folder, as suggested here: http://www.logos.com/support/article/565

But still The Expositor's Bible Commentary won't appear in my library.

Does anyone have any idea how to install resources on Libronix now that the easy option is gone?

Thanks!

Posts 18724
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 14 2012 10:32 PM

Brett Austin:

I just bought The Expositor's Bible Commentary, but now the option to download/install it on Libronix is missing. It's an old resource, so it should still be compatible with Libronix, but how to install it?

I have downloaded the 12 files from my 'orders' page, and copied them into my resource folder, but they don't appear in my library.

I have done the 'refresh resources' process, and tried deleting the 'cache' folder, as suggested here: http://www.logos.com/support/article/565

But still The Expositor's Bible Commentary won't appear in my library.

Does anyone have any idea how to install resources on Libronix now that the easy option is gone?

Go to the orders page, click on "Download Instructions for Previous Versions" to expand that section, and there should be an orange Unlock button in there. If you click that, it will run the script to unlock the resources from that order in Libronix. If you can't find such a section or it doesn't have that button, then copy this text and paste into your browser's URL box: https://www.logos.com/cgi/LibronixUnlockScriptDownload.aspx?ORDERTXNID=xxxxxxx (replace the xxxxxxx with the order number which should be in the URL of your order page), and press Enter.

If that doesn't work, then you'll need to contact Customer Service and have them help you.

Posts 22009
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2012 12:48 AM

Hi Brett

And, just for clarity, when you refer to "Logos 3" I believe you mean "Logos 4".

Graham

Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS