Suggestion: allow "share" (e.g. fb and twitter) within L4

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 36 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3898
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 23 2012 12:20 PM

would love to share quotes and things from Logos 4 on facebook, maybe twitter. 

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 6689
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 23 2012 12:21 PM

I like the idea Dan.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 28886
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 23 2012 1:30 PM

Dan DeVilder:

That's a GREAT idea Dan. I'm glad you suggested it. Big Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3898
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 23 2012 2:35 PM

alabama24:

Dan DeVilder:

That's a GREAT idea Dan. I'm glad you suggested it. Big Smile

I just had a feeling it would be the right thing to do, ya know?  Wink

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 23 2012 4:07 PM

It's already there on the iOS app. I discovered it by accident.

Swipe up in the Read view, choose share, then choose email, Facebook or Twitter.

Posts 11345
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2012 1:47 AM

Dan DeVilder:

this is already implemented in biblia (beta stadium):

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2012 8:14 AM

Personally, I Do NOT want my L4 to interact or have a button where I interact with Facebook, That’s the purpose of FaithLife and Biblia. Use those, for that is part of their purpose.

Others may want to interact w/FBook, that’s fine. Not Me……Keep My L4 separate. Let me have some privacy. Please.

Thanks.

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2012 8:40 AM

Well, as they say in Logos-land, if a person doesn't want their privacy violated, turn off the internet in Logos (meaning, of course, forget bug-correcting updates and ... books ... things like that).

I suspect once the line was crossed with Google monitoring users on their Logos, FB couldn't be far behind. Indeed the new FL.

Personally this makes a lot of sense. For centuries, pastors wondered if indeed their sheep were studying their Bibles from Sunday to Sunday. Just one more great idea!

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 28886
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2012 9:30 AM

Room4more:
Keep My L4 separate. Let me have some privacy.

How would a "share" button interfere with your privacy? If you don't want to interact with Facebook… don't!

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2012 10:37 AM

alabama24:

Room4more:
Keep My L4 separate. Let me have some privacy.

How would a "share" button interfere with your privacy? If you don't want to interact with Facebook… don't!

Alabama24, Dan,

Whats wrong with using Biblia, after all thats part of the programming, it was designed to do just as you are suggesting - correct?. I am curious to hear your point in how or why you do not feel that this is a reliable medium to interact/share with.

where's your presentation-----

Posts 2977
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2012 10:52 AM

Room4more:

Personally, I Do NOT want my L4 to interact or have a button where I interact with Facebook, That’s the purpose of FaithLife and Biblia. Use those, for that is part of their purpose.

Others may want to interact w/FBook, that’s fine. Not Me……Keep My L4 separate. Let me have some privacy. Please

If you don't want to, don't connect them. I personally love to share good quotes from stuff that I'm reading. I have found that it is a great way to encourage others to read good books as well. I don't just want a link to the book, but more like how Kindle does it, where followers can see the excerpt in its entirety by following the link. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2012 10:57 AM

Jacob Hantla:

If you don't want to, don't connect them. I personally love to share good quotes from stuff that I'm reading. I have found that it is a great way to encourage others to read good books as well. I don't just want a link to the book, but more like how Kindle does it, where followers can see the excerpt in its entirety by following the link. 

Which can be done in Biblia. So that's a moot point.........A link is a link- correct? Regardless from where it is coming.....

Posts 28886
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2012 11:26 AM

Room4more:
Room4more:
Whats wrong with using Biblia

Here is my presentation: I want to share quotes directly from Logos 4. I don't want to have to go to a website to do so. Furthermore, since not all resources are "mobile enabled," Biblia.com won't work.

Now its your turn. Where is your presentation? How is a share link in L4 invading your privacy?

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2012 11:47 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but FB implementations track the cookie across usages. It's more than just a 'link'.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2012 11:55 AM

alabama24:

Room4more:
Room4more:
Whats wrong with using Biblia

Here is my presentation: I want to share quotes directly from Logos 4. I don't want to have to go to a website to do so. Furthermore, since not all resources are "mobile enabled," Biblia.com won't work.

Now its your turn. Where is your presentation? How is a share link in L4 invading your privacy?

I do not believe that that is entirely true, mainly because we don’t have the full version of Biblia, it is still in beta form[the other day a user posted that they have perseus in Biblia/?]. Also, on the sharing of a quote, are you going to share the whole book or resource? No. I believe just a section, or the part being quoted….

The quote can be shared from Biblia, since it will only be a section of any given resource; which points to your second: beit that if the resource is not ‘mobile enabled’, then the sending of the quote never got received since the receiver doesn’t have the resource nor is it ‘mobile enabled’. Demonstrates a non-functional attempt to do what is not allowed. [copy/paste works fine in FB, Faithlife, etc.]

Mine: Which brings us back to L4, should the resource be limited to our own libraries – what good is a share button that does not function nor do as requested? If, beit, the receiver(s) have a limited library or Bible study –vs- Scholars then they will never be able to read what someone is trying to share, even more so that it is not ‘mobile enabled’………I do not believe that HQ is going to hand out scholar's for free just so you can send someone a quote…..

I do not believe that HQ is going to say "okay he wants it and he does not so lets give two different updates so that he gets it and he doesn't" It is universal or not at all, and I rather not have it, it would have to be generated by your logos log-in....no privacy there. Whereas, going thru Biblia the share goes thru it - since that is what it is designed/intended for - not L4.

Posts 11345
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2012 12:15 PM

Room4more:
should the resource be limited to our own libraries – what good is a share button that does not function nor do as requested? If, beit, the receiver(s) have a limited library or Bible study –vs- Scholars then they will never be able to read what someone is trying to share, even more so that it is not ‘mobile enabled’

going away from your discussion of whether sharing from L4 would be a good feature or not, your argument had me thinking about how it works on biblia. I shared the last sentence of today's devotional by Pope Benedikt http://www.logos.com/product/9650/joseph-ratzinger-pope-benedict-xvi-collection#004 with the FL Beta group - anticipating that you (or others interested) don't own this resource. If you don't: what happens when you follow the link? 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2012 12:40 PM

Mick,

I first get the error that I need to sign in. Upon which I go back to the group and re-click it, then I get the error that I do not have the resource -but- I can purchase the resource if I go to Logos.com

-which goes with what I previously stated about the reources......Thanks for proving my point.

Still waiting to hear from Dan.....I'll bet he is on Fb posting..../?

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2012 2:54 PM

Dan DeVilder:

YesYesYes This is a great idea and I support it fully. As far as biblia, I don't use it. But I use my Logos 4 software.

Posts 28886
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2012 3:05 PM

R4M - I read your post three times and still have no idea what you were trying to say. I want to be able to share quotes from within L4. Not from Biblia. I don't want to go to a website. I don't want to link to a website, nor do I want a link back to L4. What does it matter if other readers have any given resource or not? What I am wanting is to shortcut the copy & paste process. I think thats what Dan was asking for too.

Again: I don't want to go to biblia.com. If I am reading a book in L4, why would I want to take the time to open a website, navigate to the location, just to create a post in Facebook? It would be much easier just to go straight to Facebook! Also, you still haven't answered about the non-mobile enabled resources? How would a user following your advice create a post from those resources?

Posts 28886
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2012 3:09 PM

DMB:

Correct me if I'm wrong but FB implementations track the cookie across usages. It's more than just a 'link'.

The link button would be in Logos… it would be a shortcut to "copy & paste" into Facebook. No cookies involved (for the paranoid) who don't use it.

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS