James Durham, Commentary on Revelation, in CP

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 645
Dean053 | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 26 2012 7:29 AM

"Durham had a high reputation for great piety, great prudence and great learning",

-- the Dictionary of Scottish Church History & Theology.

"After all that has been written, it would not be easy to find a more sensible and instructive work than this old-fashioned exposition...the mystery of the gospel fills it with sweet savour." 

--Charles H. Spurgeon, in his Commenting & Commentaries

"the best exposition of that book that has yet been published" 

--Reformed Presbytery, 1779

Bids are currently being accepted for the collection of which this is part. Though the bid is currently set to $160, the $50 peak is very close and will overtake it with some new bids at that price. Furthermore, we can expect the final price to be less still than the successful bid price, as last minute bids drive the price down. 

http://www.logos.com/product/8522/classic-commentaries-and-studies-on-revelation

Posts 201
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 26 2012 9:34 AM

Frankly, I don't care at all for these sets/collections according to specific books. What a load it can be. But if I were a seminary library, I could see the usefulness of it.

grrr. Crying

E.

Posts 725
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 26 2012 9:37 AM

Ergatees:

Frankly, I don't care at all for these sets/collections according to specific books. What a load it can be. But if I were a seminary library, I could see the usefulness of it.

grrr. Crying

E.

Ergatees I can see your Mother never taught you manners(Not to mention the  sets you read). If you dont have anything good to say.......

Posts 645
Dean053 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 27 2012 10:38 AM

The $50 peak is moving!

Posts 3160
Forum MVP
Dan DeVilder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 27 2012 11:00 AM

Dean053:

The $50 peak is moving!

if that peak ever peaks, i'd be piqued to know if you got a peek from Logos to get the set for free, for all the work you've done to give us all a peek at what the peak should be.  you'd deserve it!

HP Pavilion dv 7z 1000   AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-80 2.10 GHz  3.00 GB RAM 64-bit Win 7

Posts 645
Dean053 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 27 2012 7:40 PM

Thanks, that would be nice, though I think I'd have to divide it up with Rosie and the others!

Posts 645
Dean053 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 10:34 AM

The $50 bid is creeping upwards, but could use some help, hint hint if you've been thinking of bidding. Would be great to have this set before it's all fulfilled.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS