Program opens to a shrunken size

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 35 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 355
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 2 2012 4:11 PM

I am running 4.5a SR-1. The program randomly opens to a very small size in the lower left of my screen. When I press the expand button (green +) the program goes to full screen. This does not happen all of the time. Sometimes the program opens normally to full screen. I can't find any consistent explanation for the small size.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Posts 2510
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2012 4:39 PM

I can confirm similar behaviour on my machine, I believe it was over a week ago that it last happened to me, but I do not know it's cause. Although I often have to force quit my Logos so I always assumed some type of saved window preference file got  messed up during it's force quit.

-dan

Posts 13199
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2012 4:41 PM

Have experienced shrunken size using Logos 4.5b Beta 5 => Bug: Logos 4.5b Beta 5 launch to small Home Page window

Personally puzzled.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 355
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2012 5:45 PM

Perhaps this action is not so random. I have another Bible software program and after I use that program, the next time I open Logos it opens in the "shrunken" state.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Posts 1705
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 1:13 AM

I've experienced this issue too two or three times this past week.

Posts 1245
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 2:48 AM

I, too, have experienced this bug.

Posts 355
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 5:23 AM

Randall Cue:

Perhaps this action is not so random. I have another Bible software program and after I use that program, the next time I open Logos it opens in the "shrunken" state.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

I was wrong. This does seem to be random after all. I hope it addressed very soon.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 647
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 10:22 AM

I think this feature is "Normal Operating Procedure" for Logos on Macs.

Mine does it "most of the time" , thus I am shocked when it opens like "normal" programs.

Like the constant crashes, slowness, locking up and the terrible/horrible/dysfunctional scrolling, I believe this is just part of the way Logos for Mac loads at times.

There are also times it does not seem to be loading the page, but if one just waits a bit, It finally loads.

I keep all things to a min. in Logos, no guides loaded until I need them and then close asap- this seems to help most things quite a bit.

Loading "is" more consistant if one remembers to close the "guides" before shutting down.

Posts 109
robert d. adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 1:06 PM

I have gotten use to this, thought it was normal.

Been seeing this over period of several Beta's.

Always have to expand from lower left hand corner.

Posts 13199
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 1:42 PM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

Mine does it "most of the time" , thus I am shocked when it opens like "normal" programs.

Like the constant crashes, slowness, locking up and the terrible/horrible/dysfunctional scrolling, I believe this is just part of the way Logos for Mac loads at times.

Wondering if have called Logos Mac Support ? so Logos can see your system in use with desktop sharing.

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:
Loading "is" more consistant if one remembers to close the "guides" before shutting down.

Puzzling.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 647
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 2:16 PM

Oh Yes KS4J , been there, done that.

Answer: We don't know, will report it.

They don't know how to fix:

Problems with program loading.

Problems scrolling with more than one guide open. ( almost impossible)

Program slower than Molasses in the winter.

It's all been reported to the developers-sigh.

If I didn't "need" the resources, I would uninstall the whole thing in a heartbeat.

Blessings.

Posts 1778
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 7 2012 3:15 AM

I can report that I have seen this behavior as well. 

Logos for Mac - Wiki Page and FAQ

Posts 2520
LogosEmployee
Tommy Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 3:15 PM

Can anyone reproduce the behavior? I must admit I've seen the behavior, but haven't been able to reproduce it. If anyone can do so, I'd like to speak with them offline, so we can get to the bottom of this. 

Posts 16164
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 3:20 PM

Tommy - It has happened to me, but too random. I cannot reproduce it.

OSX 10.9 | iOS 7 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 8263
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 6:37 AM

For me it seems to happen maybe 3-4 times a year. Far too seldom to bother about, when there's hundreds of bugs that affect me all the time. But I'll try to remember to get the logs if it happens again.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2430
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 11:41 PM

Tommy Ball:

Can anyone reproduce the behavior? I must admit I've seen the behavior, but haven't been able to reproduce it. If anyone can do so, I'd like to speak with them offline, so we can get to the bottom of this. 

It seems to happen to me after an update. Once I reset the size of the window it will be ok until the next update.

Posts 647
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2012 8:08 AM

Tommy: It's pretty consistent for me.

Is that what you needed to know?

Have reported it to tech support in the past.

I would say it does it two out of every three start up's.

Hope this helps.

Posts 2520
LogosEmployee
Tommy Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2012 9:57 AM

Hi Charles,

I've emailed you. 

Posts 355
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2012 7:32 AM

This problem has not been fixed with the latest update (4.5b 4.52.0.2176). The first time I opened the program after the download it opened in the lower left of the screen in shrunken form. Maybe next version?

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Posts 13199
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2012 10:35 AM

Randall Cue:
This problem has not been fixed with the latest update (4.5b 4.52.0.2176). The first time I opened the program after the download it opened in the lower left of the screen in shrunken form. Maybe next version?

Wonder if shrunken size opening can be repeated ? e.g. does returning to layout before closing, then after quit and open, shrunken size again ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS