Lesson Learned... Wait for the Final Buzzer

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 120
Steve Robinson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 4 2012 12:31 AM

First off, thanks to Team Logos for a great March Madness 2012. Next year, however, remind me to wait until the "Madness" has ended before making a purchase.

While the dollar impact is relatively minor, I threw patience to the proverbial wind at the end of round one and bought "Introducing the New Testament: A Short Guide to Its History and Message" (by Douglas J. Moo, and D. A. Carson) for 35% off when Moo was eliminated. Shoulda/coulda waited to see how the Championship played out, in hindsight, as the same book (now tied to its co-author Carson) is 60% off.

On the (financial) bright side, I refrained from purchasing the more extensive and expensive "An Introduction to the New Testament," also by both authors, the first time it was discounted, so I'll count that as a "win."

Steve R.

Correction: Right percentage, wrong round. Moo was eliminated in round two.

Posts 80
LogosEmployee
Nate Smoyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 12:52 AM

Steve, thanks for pointing that out. Upon an official review I have concluded resources are indeed listed twice, under two authors.

The ruling on the court is as follows:

The duplicate resources from the first round of discounts at 35% off have been removed. Now those resources are only listed as Carson's at the 60% discount rate.

I can have you credited or refunded the difference tomorrow.

Sorry about the oversight on that. I hope this makes it all "wright". Wink

Follow me on Twitter @NateSmoyer

Posts 120
Steve Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 12:55 AM

Nathan Smoyer:
I hope this makes it all "wright".

It does indeed, Nathan. Thanks for the quick "ruling."

Posts 35
Triskal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 1:08 AM

Nathan Smoyer:

Steve, thanks for pointing that out. Upon an official review I have concluded resources are indeed listed twice, under two authors.

The duplicate resources from the first round of discounts at 35% off have been removed. Now those resources are only listed as Carson's at the 60% discount rate.

I also purchased the two Carson/Moo titles under the lessor discount after an earlier round.

- An Introduction to the New Testament

- Introducing the New Testament: A Short Guide to Its History and Message

A credit or refund would be much appreciated!!!  Thanks!

Posts 63
Gerard Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 1:58 AM

Nathan Smoyer:

Will everyone who purchase Introduction to the New Testament be refunded? I purchased mine through Logos credit. Will definitely appreciate the refund.

Thanks.

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 3:34 AM

Great. I'm in Steve's position as well. Will this be a general refund or do we need to contact some. Thanks for setting this straight. Cheers .

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 34
Fraser Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 4:13 AM

I'm in the same position too so it would be good to know if a credit will be automatic or if I need to contact someone.

Thanks 

Posts 274
Daniel Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 10:06 AM

Nathan Smoyer:

Thanks for the excellent customer service that you all at Logos provide!

Posts 274
Daniel Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 10:08 AM

Fraser Edwards:

I'm in the same position too so it would be good to know if a credit will be automatic or if I need to contact someone.

Thanks 

I'd call them.  Unless a Logos rep says differently in a bit.   I called early this morning and got it taken care of.   There was an implication when I called that price adjustments could only be made during the March Madness sale period, so I wouldn't wait past 4/13 for sure.

Posts 120
Steve Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 10:17 AM

The following was posted by Logos' Nathan Smoyer this morning which addressed the matter on a related post. It should clear things up significantly.

That was an oversight of ours with those resources. I've had the duplicates removed from Moo's selection of resources.

I will be pulling a list today to ensure anyone who purchased the resources at 35% gets credited the difference so that the 60% is applied.

Sorry about that. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Nathan.

Posts 80
LogosEmployee
Nate Smoyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 11:21 AM

Just a heads up,

I pulled a report of anyone who picked up either of the Moo/Carson resources at 35% this morning. A credit will be applied to those accounts for the difference in price. 

Hope this helps.

Posts 120
Steve Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 11:30 AM

Déjà vu! Big Smile

Posts 484
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 12:02 PM

Nathan Smoyer:

Just a heads up,

I pulled a report of anyone who picked up either of the Moo/Carson resources at 35% this morning. A credit will be applied to those accounts for the difference in price. 

Hope this helps.

Yes it does.  Thanks Nathan.   I also purchased the Introduction.

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 2:25 PM

Thanks! :)

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 34
Fraser Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2012 4:17 AM

That's great, thank you for sorting that out Nathan Smile

Posts 484
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2012 11:07 AM

Nathan, when can we expect to see the credit?  I don't see it in my account.

Posts 80
LogosEmployee
Nate Smoyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2012 12:54 PM

We are working to get each of those credits issued. We hope to have all credits issued before the weekend is out.

Thanks for being patient and understanding!

Posts 120
Steve Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 9:54 AM

Nathan Smoyer:
We are working to get each of those credits issued. We hope to have all credits issued before the weekend is out.

Got an email from Logos Customer Service yesterday (4/5) afternoon that the credit was issued and found in my Logos account info, as expected.

Thanks again!

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS