Love Wins by Rob Bell

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 6 2012 8:35 PM

Because Vyrso is giving away a book that is in response to Rob Bell's book Love Wins, I would also like to have Rob Bell's book so that I can read both sides of the conversation between Bell and Francis Chan.

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 11:17 PM

tom collinge:

Because Vyrso is giving away a book that is in response to Rob Bell's book Love Wins, I would also like to have Rob Bell's book so that I can read both sides of the conversation between Bell and Francis Chan.

I agree - strongly suggest as well.....

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 19119
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 11:39 PM

Yeah, this would be perfect for Vyrso. I've got it in paperback, and have read it already, so I probably wouldn't buy it again, but it's worth making available to Logos/Vyrso users. I got it when all the hoohah about it flared up. I figured if people were trashing it before they've even read it, I wanted to read it for myself to see what I thought. I actually liked it though I wasn't blown away by it. The ideas in it were nothing new to me, though he does have a winsome way of communicating. The point is, if he wins more people over to Christ, then (for them anyway) it doesn't really matter whether hell is literal or not because they won't experience it. I think that's what he's on about. He thinks love wins more people to God than fear of hell does, in this day and age. He is kind of non-committal about the hell thing, actually; he acts as thought he might very well believe in a literal hell, but he believes even more in a God who loves so much that He doesn't want anyone to end up there, and who will do whatever it takes to woo them into the Kingdom, while still giving them their freedom to choose to reject Him. But in the end...Bell thinks Love wins out.

Posts 11342
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 7 2012 1:33 AM

tom collinge:

Yes I have it in paper, but I think it would be a real good addition to Vyrso. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS