Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Nathan Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 12 2012 11:12 AM

I have been using the highlighting feature on the Ipad and Mac versions of Logos, but the notes I make on either platform do not transfer. Is there something I am doing wrong?

I would like to make a highlight on the ipad version and have it sync to the mac and vice versa. Yes, I am using the same book or Bible translation. I have force closed the Ipad app and restarted both the Mac and Ipad versions. I am also using the latest versions of all software. (Mac 4.3 SR-1 (4.30.0.1553) and Ipad 2.0.2)

I think the syncing issue is on the ipad side, but I'm not sure.

Any advice?

Posts 28697
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 11:48 AM

 

Nathan - First, welcome to the forums! Sorry you are having troubles.

 

Nathan Miller:
I am also using the latest versions of all software. (Mac 4.3 SR-1 (4.30.0.1553)

Unfortunately, you are NOT using the "latest" version of the software. 4.3 SR1 is nearly a year old! I believe that there must have been some sort of bug that caused some users systems to not update properly. You will need to download the newest version for Mac, which you can do HERE.

There are MANY changes between 4.3 & 4.5a. If you have questions, please come and ask! Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 28697
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 11:52 AM

Nathan - 

I was mistaken about one thing… The release that others seemed to get stuck at was 4.2b. Did you turn off automatic updates?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3
Nathan Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 12:17 PM

I didn't turn off automatic updates, that's why I though I had the latest version. I'm downloading the new version now and will let you know if the problem persists.

Do you know why Logos didn't download the update?

Posts 28697
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 12:37 PM

Nathan Miller:
Do you know why Logos didn't download the update?

I don't. I have discovered a number of users who became "stuck" at 4.2. 

If you haven't had an update in 3 months, I would definitely check out the forums. You can also check the wiki release notes PAGE. That is where you can find things like release date. Your current version, for example, was released in August of last year. There have been about 15 builds during that time (you have to subtract the RC "release candidate" builds from the list, which aren't pushed through on the stable channel).

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3
Nathan Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 1:50 PM

Just thought you would like to know the syncing is now working after the update. Thanks for your help!!

Posts 28697
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 2:07 PM

Great! Glad to hear it. 

One thing you will need to figure out (sooner better than later), is how you intend to organize your highlight notes. By default, Logos puts your highlights into note files by pallet. For example, you might have one called "My Highlighters." 

Why should you care? Because if you don't think about it now, your notes could become VERY disorganized, very quickly. For example, if you routinely use several pallets to highlight in the same resource, you will have notes for that resource in several files. It may be that you decide to do it that way because of how you highlight (perhaps you have separate pallets for work, church, home, etc.), but if you don't intend it that way, you will have a mess.

Personally, I wish logos had created resource specific note files by default (and had also provided a better file management system to boot). In my mind, 90% of my highlights are resource specific. When I make a highlight in a book, I want it organized with other highlights from that book. The other 10% of my highlights are thematic highlights. In no case do I want highlights to go into a note file based upon the pallet, color or style of highlighter used.

How you choose to organize is up to you. There are plenty of people who would not care about this as much as I do, but I just wanted to make you aware of it as soon as possible. If you decide to take control of note management, there are some settings you can adjust under "more" - "settings" - "document for highlights." I choose to use "most recent note document" which causes my highlighter to be "sticky" - that is to say, when I highlight in "Book A" and save the highlight note to the "Book A" note file, every following highlight will go into the same note file until I change it. This is much easier for me than changing the note file each time I highlight.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS