John Eadie on CP

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 178
DavidS | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 12 2012 5:51 PM

http://www.logos.com/product/8533/john-eadie-commentaries-and-bible-reference-collection

This collection looks very interesting. There are there are 5 commentaries on the Pauline Epistles which go into great depth looking at each greek phrase. I would say at first glance comparable to ICC. The 11 vol. set is at $35 I think it will go for lower than that. I could be a steal.

Posts 178
DavidS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 5:51 PM

Here is the Graph.

Posts 178
DavidS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 5:54 PM

I was looking at the Eph Commentary here http://archive.org/stream/MN41497ucmf_0#page/n283/mode/2up

Posts 149
Timothy Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 6:17 PM

I have several of Eadie's commentaries in dead-tree form. They are excellent. Eadie was head and shoulders above many commentators of his day. I am looking forward to getting this set in digital form.

Windows 8.1 64-bit, Core i5-3330, 8GB RAM

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 9:35 PM

Ud Laugh 2:
I could be a steal.

Or you could miss it altogether (I'm assuming from the graph that you're bidding only $30).  What are you going to do if it goes for $35 then?

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 11:52 PM

Charles Spurgeon lists Eadie's commentary on Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians,  Paul the Preacher..., and Biblical Cyclopaedia on his recommended list   If you're going to jump into a CP this is the one!

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 6:04 AM

Paul Newsome:

Charles Spurgeon lists Eadie's commentary on Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians,  Paul the Preacher..., and Biblical Cyclopaedia on his recommended list   If you're going to jump into a CP this is the one!

Paul, you've mentioned Spurgeon's comments before, but I don't remember seeing the link before.  It's great to see that there's an extensive survey of the older commentaries available, and even better to see that I already have it!

Is this the only survey of older commentaries available in Logos, or does anyone know of others?

Thanks for the link.

Andrew

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 4:46 PM

Andrew Baguley:
Paul, you've mentioned Spurgeon's comments before, but I don't remember seeing the link before.  It's great to see that there's an extensive survey of the older commentaries available, and even better to see that I already have it!

Sometimes I worry I mention it too often.  I love Spurgeon's Commenting & Commentaries for exactly the way you describe it; its extensiveness.  Unfortunately, I find it lacking in pre 17th century coverage as well as an abrupt end in the later 19th century.  I haven't come across anything near its level of coverage until Carson's contributions toward the later half of the 20th century

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 14 2012 3:36 AM

Thanks, Paul.  Anyone else?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS