Changing ESV as default bible in the Bible Word Study

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 83
Andreas Holmberg | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 14 2009 10:51 AM

Hi

I'm aware of how to chose Bibles and select top Bibles. However, is there a way to change the default Bible used in the Translations section of the Bible Word Study? The default translation used in the pie-chart is the ESV. Can that be changed to any interlinear Bible or even any Bible at all?

Kindly,

Andreas Holmberg
Stockholm, Sweden

Pastor in Stockholm, Church of Sweden

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 10:57 AM

Great question... have you tried going to (library/prioritize) and then switch around your bibles that "come with" interlinears?  I'm curious if it might change if you prioritize a different bible, ahead of the ESV, that also "has" an interlinear... 

Posts 4508
Forum MVP
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 11:05 AM

Andreas,

I couldn't fine one, I'm anxious to know if there is a way.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 4971
Forum MVP
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 11:28 AM

When I began the BWS with the NASB95 right-click lemma menu...it used the NASB95 for translation.  Same for NRSV.  But if I just enter a word in the BWS entry box, it reverts to using ESV.  Seems like the Translation section should have a setting on it to pick which RevInt to use.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Moving Logos between systems / Detailed Search Help - ThinkPad T520: 2.4GHz i5-2430M, 8GB, 7200RPM HD, integrated video

Posts 715
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 11:28 AM

AndreasHolmberg:

Hi

I'm aware of how to chose Bibles and select top Bibles. However, is there a way to change the default Bible used in the Translations section of the Bible Word Study? The default translation used in the pie-chart is the ESV. Can that be changed to any interlinear Bible or even any Bible at all?

Kindly,

Andreas Holmberg
Stockholm, Sweden

Jeremiah nailed it. I just moved my NASB above ESV in priorities and now BWS shows NASB

Chris

Posts 715
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 11:30 AM

Here's a screen shot after re-prioritizing - let the sync arrows finish whirling and close and re-open BWS

Chris

Posts 83
Andreas Holmberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 9:20 AM

Thanks a lot Chris and Jeremiah!

The solution you suggested works for me too now. Great!

/Andreas

Pastor in Stockholm, Church of Sweden

Posts 223
shark tacos | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 11:36 PM

Hmmm, I did prioritized the NASB over the ESV and reopened the BWS and it still shows ESV.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Posts 223
shark tacos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 9:08 AM

shark tacos:

Hmmm, I did prioritized the NASB over the ESV and reopened the BWS and it still shows ESV.

Okay, I figured it out: this only works when using a Bible that has an interlinear. I had installed the free L4, but not upgraded so the only interlinear was ESV. After upgrading I had the new interlinears and the prioritization works.

Posts 2735
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 9:23 AM

shark tacos:
Glad you got the figured out. YesCool

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS