Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 40
josh s blake | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 14 2009 1:00 PM

Thins may be a stupid question, but I want to link a certain bible passage to a specific section of another resource in my library (Acts 2:42 NLT with a section of The Contemplative Pastor, if that helps).  Is this do-able in L4?  Thanks for your time.  joshsblake

Posts 40
josh s blake | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 1:03 PM

This, not thins...

Posts 715
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 1:25 PM

joshsblake:

Thins may be a stupid question, but I want to link a certain bible passage to a specific section of another resource in my library (Acts 2:42 NLT with a section of The Contemplative Pastor, if that helps).  Is this do-able in L4?  Thanks for your time.  joshsblake

Thin idea is thin.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I know it isn't funny, but it satisfies some deep inner child.

There is no direct way I'm aware of.

Here's an indirect way - very indirect.

Start a note file on the passage and in the note put a link to the other resource. This is not really doable right now, either - thus this gets very complicated. You can cut an paste the URL for your "other resource" using the menu at the top left of the resource pane. Copy it into Word (a word processor) then you can copy it from there into you note. Then you have to (hopefully for now) copy that URL into the command window and hit enter. It will open the "other resource" to that location. If you make notes on the "other resources" and type a Bible reference into the note it will recognize that as a Bible reference which you can simply click on and it will open your preferred Bible to that passage.

I hope all that make sense.

Here's a few screen shots:

URL of Resource:

URL in Word

URL in Note

URL in Command window

Bible ref link in note

Chris

Posts 40
josh s blake | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 1:30 PM

Thanks.  That made sense, though I did not have to use a word processor, I just ctrl-v into the note.  Thanks again, and maybe someday there will be an easier, more direct way...

Posts 715
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 3:22 PM

Josh,

See this post and look at Phil's example. It is better than mine in that it lets you link the url to words in you note and they will be a hotlink.

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/4834/38323.aspx#38323

Chris

Posts 40
josh s blake | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 4:08 PM

I understand now.  thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS