Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Carol Fontenot | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 17 2012 12:56 PM

Will Proclaim ever have the capability to add custom animations on slides like Power Point?  We use animation alot when presenting sermons with fill in the blanks.  Or did I just miss it and does Proclaim already to this???  Any advice would be appreciated.  LT

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 17 2012 4:31 PM

You can select from a number of transitions between slides from the top menu. By default we select the "Fade" transition. 

Proclaim does not support custom transitions or animations at this time. 

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 2
Carol Fontenot | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 18 2012 6:15 AM

We are aware of the transitions. Thanks.  We were interested in custom animation for the text on the slides.  Is this something Proclaim can add to the design list for a future update???  Hopefully, the designers are reading this.  Proclaim is GREAT, but it's a shame it can not do this simple task.

Posts 82
Todd Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 18 2012 10:38 AM

Lois,

Thanks for the idea. We are collecting suggestions (and allowing users to vote for their favorites) at http://proclaim.uservoice.com/forums/137112-general . If you care to enter your suggestion there, it will be in a convenient place for others to comment on it and for our designers to gauge the relative importance of the feature to our users.

At present, animations within a slide can be approximated by duplicating a slide and placing the new text on the new slide. Using the "Fade" transition between the two (for example) will cause it to appear, that the changed information faded into place. Other transitions which lend themselves to this effect are the Cloud Reveal, Line Reveal, and Circle Reveal.

I realize this is not a complete solution to your request, but until custom text animations come to the forefront of the task-list, this work-around may get you 60% of what you're looking for.

Posts 1
Bobby Burgess | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 12 2014 11:56 AM

This thread is from Apr 2012, and it is now Aug 2014; have there been any modifications? Can we add custom animations to a slide? I know how to work around it, as you have pictured above, but it is a pain. Thanks!

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 12 2014 12:21 PM

I can't make any guarantees but this feature is extremely close to the top of the list currently.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS