A Tribute to Chuck Colson

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 21 2012 9:16 PM

I just read on CNN that Chuck Colson died at 80 years old. I believe he was a man truly changed by the gospel. I may have to go to Vyrso and pick up one of his books.

Thank you Lord for evidencing your power in the life of Chuck Colson, and for reminding me through him that transformation can continue to happen in my life.

Posts 28022
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2012 9:30 PM

I am reading "The Good Life" now. 

If others are interested in his works:

http://vyrso.com/products/search?Author=Colson%2c+Charles

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 18821
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2012 12:10 AM

A friend of mine posted a wonderful tribute to Colson on his blog:

http://dreamsunlocked.blogspot.ca/2012/04/remembering-charles-colson.html

Posts 437
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2012 3:12 AM

May He rest in the peace and joy of his Saviour!

I read his biography years ago as a new Christian. What a story. I can't wait to meet  him and thank him personally.

Posts 10645
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2012 6:32 AM

Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell:
I can't wait to meet  him and thank him personally.

Yes

Posts 10645
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2012 6:32 AM

Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell:
I can't wait to meet  him and thank him personally.

Duplicate post

Posts 2362
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2012 12:28 PM

Halo Hound:
Thank you Lord for evidencing your power in the life of Chuck Colson, and for reminding me through him that transformation can continue to happen in my life.

I love Pastor Chuck. Used to listen to him all the time on the radio as a babe in Christ. Enter into your reward old friend. Thanks for the post.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2831
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2012 5:48 PM

Thank you for this information.  I had not heard.  Like you, I believe he was a man truly transformed by Jesus Christ.  He had a powerful impact for Christ, especially with his ministry to prisoners. May his tribe increase!  He was faithful.

HIs book "Loving God" had a tremendous impact upon my life.  It is a spiritual classic in my opinion.

My, my!  Those giants who shaped my early Christian life are fast gathering in heaven. 

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 18821
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 10:35 PM

I just noticed that the Regent Bookstore (Regent College in Vancouver, BC; nothing to do with Regent University) is giving away a free download of a lecture by Colson titled "Truth in a Hostile World" in honor of his passing: http://regentaudio.com/. There are some other freebies there as well.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS