Can't download books

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
Douglas Yates | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 23 2012 11:08 AM

I have been attempting to download new books.  I'm running Logos Bible Software 4.5 (4.50.0.1857) for Mac, OS X Lion.  I have checked, unchecked and re-checked the Use Internet and Update Automatically in settings.  I have typed Update Now and Update Resources in the Command Line.  When I do, it says, "Updates were found and will be downloaded automatically."  I've been waiting for quite some time now.  The blue Logos icon does not appear in the menu bar.  Running activity monitor and it doesn't show anything dowloading.  I'm so confused and frustrated trying to find answers on the Logos Forums.  I read about people using A11, A12, A15, and I don't have a clue what they are talking about.  I don't know if I need the latest version or what. 

Just need some help!

Thanks

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 11:18 AM

Douglas Yates:
I have been attempting to download new books.

Welcome Big Smile

Douglas Yates:
I'm running Logos Bible Software 4.5 (4.50.0.1857) for Mac, OS X Lion. ...  I don't know if I need the latest version or what.

The current stable release is 4.5a SR-1 (4.51.0.2057)

Wiki Mac Troubleshooting has => Update Error with steps to manually update application.

Since using stable Logos 4 release, other option is contacting Logos => http://www.logos.com/about/contact

Douglas Yates:
I read about people using A11, A12, A15, and I don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Wiki has => Mac Release Notes and History that includes forum release notes for Alpha pre-releases, which were often abbreviated A## with ## corresponding to the release ## (from 1 in Oct 2009 through 27 in Jul 2010).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 29050
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 11:32 AM

Douglas Yates:
I have been attempting to download new books.  I'm running Logos Bible Software 4.5 (4.50.0.1857) for Mac, OS X Lion.  I have checked, unchecked and re-checked the Use Internet and Update Automatically in settings.  I have typed Update Now and Update Resources in the Command Line.  When I do, it says, "Updates were found and will be downloaded automatically."

Douglas - First, welcome to the forums!

I had the same problem today and I restarted my computer and it downloaded when I reopened Logos. Have you given that un-maclike solution a try?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3
Douglas Yates | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 1:56 PM

Gave that a try and it didn't work.  Thanks. Douglas

Posts 29050
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 2:02 PM

Douglas - KS4J pointed out that your installation of Logos isn't up to date, and provides a link to manually update the software. At this point, I would start there.

Posts 3
Douglas Yates | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 8:51 PM

KS4J,

Thanks for the wiki.  I bookmarked it for the future.  After uninstall/reinstall with new version, everything is work as normal. Logos is indexing.  Purchased books are downloaded.  Appreciate the help.

Peace,

Douglas

Posts 29050
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 8:56 PM

Glad to hear everything is working now. Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 9:52 PM

Douglas Yates:

Thanks for the wiki.  I bookmarked it for the future.  After uninstall/reinstall with new version, everything is work as normal. Logos is indexing.  Purchased books are downloaded.  Appreciate the help.

Peace,

Rejoicing with you Geeked

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS