Philo Greek and English Not Scrolling together

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 15 2009 2:48 AM

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 24698
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 6:52 PM

The English Philo, which I have, appears to be another resource whose primary index is nuked. As Page no. appears to be all that is available, try changing the index of the Greek version by clicking in the box and selecting Page no.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 6:57 PM

My scrolling is a bit of a hit and miss affair... it does seem as if something is amiss.

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:10 AM

Dave Hooton:

The English Philo, which I have, appears to be another resource whose primary index is nuked. As Page no. appears to be all that is available, try changing the index of the Greek version by clicking in the box and selecting Page no.

Thanks Dave. The Greek text does not even have the option for page numbers. They still will not scroll. It could be because they are written by two seperate authors, and the text is not the same.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 24698
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:23 AM

They both should be indexed by Works of  Philo, but the English version is non-functional.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:47 AM

Once again, mine works!

Video, in all its scrolling glory: http://bit.ly/2Cahb7

Posts 62
Mike T | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 5:36 AM

Damian McGrath:

My scrolling is a bit of a hit and miss affair... it does seem as if something is amiss.

At first I thought that the two were not linked on my PC, but after playing around a bit I realize that the links are one off...  the link for for the Greek corresponds to the previous entry in the English version, e.g. Allegorical Interpretation II, S 8 links to the same work, S 7.  There is no link from the first item in the Greek version to the English version, which is what led me to believe at first that it was not working...

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 7:51 PM

Dave Hooton:
They both should be indexed by Works of  Philo, but the English version is non-functional.

The latest resource update included a properly indexed English Works of Philo.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 7:58 PM

Todd Phillips:

Dave Hooton:

The latest resource update included a properly indexed English Works of Philo.

The Greek version has sympathetic highlighting as an option, the English doesn't. What's the point of the sympathetic highlighting in the Greek?

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 8:00 PM

Philip Spitzer:
What's the point of the sympathetic highlighting in the Greek?

I feel sorry for anyone having to read Philo in Greek. Don't you?

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 8:03 PM

Damian McGrath:

Philip Spitzer:
What's the point of the sympathetic highlighting in the Greek?

I feel sorry for anyone having to read Philo in Greek. Don't you?

LOL...I like to pretend :-)

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS