Connect note already created to a verse

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 36
Maria V.Garrido | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 27 2012 6:24 PM

Can someone tell me how to connect a note already created to a verse or word?  

When I select a word and right-click and select "add a note to ___", it brings me to 'add' more information to the original note, it does not connect the note to the selected text.

I know I am doing something wrong but I'll get it eventually. 

Posts 28046
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 27 2012 6:28 PM

Maria - 

Unfortunately you can't retroactively change the note type. When you are creating the note, you need to decide if you want the note tied to the "selection" or to the "reference." 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 36
Maria V.Garrido | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 4:43 AM

Thank you. I thought that's what I have to do.

That's how I had done the original note, however, for some reason all the notes were dropped. Honestly, I did not do anythingSad.

The same way that the Louwd-Nida numbers appear sometimes and sometimes they don't at all. I can open the book but the number does not appear under the word on the Bible verse. 

Or that the forum screen is like 150/200% bigger on my screen, just the forum. I can go to other pages on the Logos site and they are normal. Probably something wrong on my end. 

I "still" love this software. It is amazing. 

Posts 28046
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 5:51 AM

Maria - It might help if you were to post some screen shots. I don't know if I fully understand your issue(s). 

Posts 10651
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 6:37 AM

Maria V.Garrido:
The same way that the Louwd-Nida numbers appear sometimes and sometimes they don't at all.

Is this always in the same resource/translation? For me, Louw-Nida numbers always appeared in every English version that has a reverse-interlinear, and in a few Greek versions. 

Posts 36
Maria V.Garrido | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 7:23 AM

I do not know how to attach a screen shot, otherwise I would. 

No, it happens in my RVA60 and the KJV1900. It probably has to do with having the Spanish/English together, who knows, probably a glitch somewhere. 

I just had a thought. I will see if it happens when I open one versus the other. Meaning I will pay attention if it happens when I open the RVA60 first or the KJV1900 first. That might be the issue. I might have to open the English version first, make sure that the LD is there and then open the Spanish version. 

Will try a few days and see what happens and then report back. 

Thank you so much for the fast responses. 

PS: Jack Caviness if the picture is you and you are a military man --- a BIG THANK YOU for serving so that I can have freedom at home. If you are not a military man, thank you anyway. 

Posts 36
Maria V.Garrido | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 10:01 AM

6505.screenshot.doc

If you can see the screenshot the right side of the screen is not visible, I have to be moving the horizontal scroll bar to see the rest of the information. 

Thank you guys. 

Posts 22285
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 10:07 AM

Hi Maria

Try typing "Ctrl -" when your browser window is in focus.

That normally reduces the size of the font being used

Graham

Posts 28046
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 10:08 AM

Maria V.Garrido:
If you can see the screenshot the right side of the screen is not visible, I have to be moving the horizontal scroll bar to see the rest of the information. 

On the Mac, you can press command [+] or command [-] to make the webpage larger or smaller. I assume there is some similar keyboard combo for the PC. 

By the way, you don't need to attach the picture to a word doc… It should attach directly to the post and look like this Smile If it doesn't work, you may need to use a different picture format. A windows user would have to give more guidance. 

Posts 22285
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 10:08 AM

Maria

Maria V.Garrido:
PS: Jack Caviness if the picture is you and you are a military man --- a BIG THANK YOU for serving so that I can have freedom at home. If you are not a military man, thank you anyway.

From Jack's profile (which you can access if you click on his name at the top of his posts) he is retired from the US Navy where he served for 20 years.

Graham

Posts 28046
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 10:27 AM

Maria - 

The wiki article suggests using .png files. There is more info you might find helpful: http://wiki.logos.com/Screenshot Smile

Posts 36
Maria V.Garrido | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 11:24 AM

Thank you guys the [CTRL] + [-] worked. 

And never mind about the Louwd-Nida, the coffee had not kicked in yet. The LD is only for New Testament and I probably was in the OT and that's why it does not show up. 

Posts 10651
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 1:05 PM

Maria V.Garrido:
PS: Jack Caviness if the picture is you and you are a military man….

As Graham has already noted, I retired from the US Navy—The picture is from a few years back (The Navy discontinued that uniform in the late 1960s). I was inspired by Martha (MJ) Smith using her college photo Big Smile

It may be of interest to know that my elder son will be retiring from the Navy in July after 30 years, and that his elder son had been in the USN for about 18 months now. Another grandson is in the USMC Embarrassed

Maria V.Garrido:
a BIG THANK YOU for serving so that I can have freedom at home

You are very welcome. Having served during the Vietnam era, it encourages me very much to have someone tell me that our service is appreciated.

Posts 36
Maria V.Garrido | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 4:07 PM

Your service and the service of your son and of your grandsons IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. It is a shame that we do not say THANK YOU more often. 

Posts 28046
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 4:21 PM

+1 Yes Smile

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS