Searching Greek words in Perseus

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 28 2012 10:03 AM

Is there a way of searching all declined forms of a word?

I want to search all declined forms of γένος near all conjugated forms of ὁράω.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 11:35 AM

Dean053:

One option is a Morph Search using WITHIN # WORDS so can choose how near:

lemma:γένος WITHIN 7 WORDS lemma:ὁράω

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 11:48 AM

Thank you! I see what I did wrong now - I used a good search string, I just placed it in the Basic instead of Morph (I thought thought was just for the Bible).

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 1:50 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Dean053:

Assumed here is that you have a collection for Perseus.  I would recommend that you be more specific and name it "Perseus, Greek" so that you can also create other Perseus collections should you so desire.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 3:10 PM

George Somsel:

Dean053:

Assumed here is that you have a collection for Perseus.  I would recommend that you be more specific and name it "Perseus, Greek" so that you can also create other Perseus collections should you so desire.

Observation: a Morph Search of Perseus collection (publisher:Perseus) with Logos Greek Morphology is limited to resources with appropriate tagging.

For grins, created a "Perseus - Logos Greek Morphology" collection, which includes three subjects:

Note: using a Morph Search results, had previously tagged my Perseus resources with lbs if a resource had some Logos Greek Morphological tagging: e.g. Brutus (Latin).

Wiki => Example Collections has a number of Perseus collection examples.  Searching wiki page for Perseus finds 31 results (a number of example collections begin with Greek and History).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 3:30 PM

Note: using a Morph Search results, had previously tagged my Perseus resources with lbs if a resource had some Logos Greek Morphological tagging: e.g. Brutus (Latin).

Et tu, Brute?

For grins, created a "Perseus - Logos Greek Morphology" collection, which includes three subjects:

My qualification was "Perseus language:Greek"

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 3:35 PM

I agree George. I made a collection and included ‘ALL’ the Perseus that I got. This way I get the full search capacity when I search through. And then made smaller collections from that as per KS4J.

Surprise

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS