Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1202
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 1 2012 8:44 PM

As requested, an update on Hebrew Audio Pronunciations (http://www.logos.com/product/5960/hebrew-audio-pronunciations)

We just don't know. But it's getting closer.

We put this project on pre-pub prematurely, before we realized all the ways in which offering this for Hebrew are more complicated than for Greek. We've had enough interest to do the project -- and we want to do it -- but it's tied to some complicated issues related to how Hebrew dictionaries use different 'dictionary forms' (and are not always consistent between dictionaries and morphological analyses). It's not quite as easy as the Greek pronunciations.

The "gating issues" and the work that must be done in preparation are largely done, but some work remains, and we're still some months out on this project. We just didn't want to cancel it because we do intend to do it, though it's taking much longer than any other pre-pub.

Posts 6610
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2012 8:50 PM

Thanks for the update. I recall the discussion some time ago about mapping lexical forms to the lexicons and the complexity of doing that. Gives me an appreciation for how hard what you are trying to do is.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 414
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2012 11:23 PM

Thank you Sir for the update...when this pre-pub is done it will be worth the wait, I'm sure!!!

Posts 2589
Forum MVP
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2012 11:54 PM

Is Mebin:

Thank you Sir for the update...when this pre-pub is done it will be worth the wait, I'm sure!!!

I second that. Thank you for the information. Yes

Bohuslav

Posts 8366
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2012 3:28 AM

Thanks for the update. Did I order that pre-pub Hmm You now have one more order Geeked

Posts 954
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2012 7:24 AM

Thank you for the update!

Posts 3
Andrew B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 16 2012 1:17 AM

Do stick with it ... Cannot imagine a more valuable add in bar the Greek!  Thanks from loads of ministers I suspect.!

Posts 1146
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 16 2012 1:51 AM

Thanks, Bob. It's good to know it is still progressing.

Posts 34
Clint Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2012 4:35 AM

Thank you for the update Bob, really looking forward yo this feature

Kind Regards
Clint Scott

Posts 778
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2012 5:12 AM

The website declares: Hebrew Audio Pronunciations will only be available for Logos 4.

Does this mean it will not work in Logos 5?  Or is the meaning simply that a CD version is not available.  I think the sentence makes it unclear whether this product will be useable once it comes out only for L4 or whether it will be useable in subsequent releases of Logos (such as L5 and L6)

Clarification from Logos would be appreciated.

Posts 15711
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2012 6:00 AM

Mark:
Does this mean it will not work in Logos 5?

No. It means it won't be available for Logos 3!

OSX 10.9 | iOS 7 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 2111
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2012 6:59 AM

Thanks for the update, Bob.  Sure it will be very worthwhile despite all the time and effort this project has required.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 6
Allen D. Holden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2012 7:46 AM

I'm happy the project is coming along. I use to be an MVS Systems Programmer, I know about complications, delays and expactations. Keep making progress and the best of luck to you.

Posts 91
Bishop Salamat Khokhar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 28 2012 2:02 PM

Thanks for this update Mr. Bob     Appreciate what Logos is doing.

Posts 373
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 21 2012 4:29 AM

I appreciate the update. Please don't let it slip to the back burner - it will be a really useful asset once complete and I for one can't wait!!!!! (except I must!!!!! Hmm

Posts 15588
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 1:16 AM

Now that Logos 5 has shipped, I am hoping that the work that remains on Hebrew Audio Pronunciations can move back to the front burner. This would be such an awesome resource to have!

Posts 1146
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 1:54 AM

Rosie Perera:
Now that Logos 5 has shipped, I am hoping that the work that remains on Hebrew Audio Pronunciations can move back to the front burner. This would be such an awesome resource to have!

Yes

Posts 305
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:10 AM

Yes Preach it, Rosie! Cool

Posts 2343
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:10 AM

Rosie Perera:

Yes

Logos 5 Get the FAQ's

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Posts 3150
Forum MVP
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:15 AM

Rosie Perera:

Absolutely! Can't wait!!

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS