Bug: Blank Interlinear display for ESV

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 25827
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 1 2012 11:51 PM

This happened when linking from a BWS on Believe -- select adelphe/sister in Greek Words | ESV and click on "believing" in 1 Cor 9.5.  Using 4.5a SR-1.

The ESV tab is in the layout but was not open prior to linking.

I repeated by navigating to Gen 3 with Interlinear now displayed, clicking on another tab in the pane (to hide ESV) and then selecting the link in BWS. The Interlinear displayed Gen 3 (no change) but became blank when I clicked on "believing" in the ESV!

5140.ESV_no-Interlinear.zip

EDIT: I can reproduce this in 4.5b

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2012 12:22 PM

Dave Hooton:
EDIT: I can reproduce this in 4.5b

Apologies: with ESV in a link set with two other Bibles, was personally unable to replicate using Logos 4.5b (4.52.0.2176) on Windows 7.  Close all followed by BWS (using My Bible Word Study), then clicking ἀδελφή in BWS ring for Greek Words ESV, followed by clicking "believing" opened ESV with bottom reverse interlinear display working (along with my visual filters for Logos Greek Morphology).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8579
LogosEmployee

I'm unable to reproduce this following the steps given. Can you reproduce it consistently, or does it just happen now and then?

It may be helpful for us to see a screencast of this bug, since it probably is quite dependent on exact layout and timing.

Posts 1206
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2012 4:23 PM

I also have seen issues with blank interlinears...and still do:  http://community.logos.com/forums/t/47787.aspx

Posts 25827
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2012 4:35 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
Can you reproduce it consistently, or does it just happen now and then?

I can reproduce consistently on two machines with a similar layout

Once I've produced the BWS as above, reproduce the issue as follows:-

• navigate ESV to Gen 3 or other OT passage  (interlinear appears)
  • click at 2. in the BWS   (interlinear actually goes to Num 25:6!)
  • click at 3. in the ESV    (interlinear is blank)

NB.  ESV is my preferred bible and problem is definitely associated with the link in the BWS. Both machines (one 4.5a, one 4.5b) have the Interlinear go to Num 25:6 after clicking the BWS link.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2012 7:46 PM

Mine does go to Num 25:6, but doing the last 'click at 3 in the ESV' doesn't blank my RI. But selects text for 1 Cor 9:5 words 'Do we --- have' (instead of selecting believing). i'm running 4.5a.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 25827
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2012 9:06 PM

steve clark:
Mine does go to Num 25:6, but doing the last 'click at 3 in the ESV' doesn't blank my RI.

BWS moves the ESV Interlinear pane to different OT passages with different NT words, but I always get a blank pane when clicking the NT word in the ESV.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS