collections and/or hiding books

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Jim Huss | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 2 2012 3:49 PM

Is there a way to hide approx 1200 books at one time by publisher?     Can you  move by publisher into a collection?

Posts 680
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2012 4:13 PM

Jim Huss:

Is there a way to hide approx 1200 books at one time by publisher?    

Hi, Jim.

No, I’m sorry; there is not.

Jim Huss:

Can you  move by publisher into a collection?

Yes, you can!

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 2
Jack Lamb | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2012 9:59 PM

After these books are in a collection, can they be hidden at once?

My problem is I want to hide all the Latin works I got in a free collection! Is there an easy way to do this?

Posts 23202
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 12:27 AM

Hi Jack

Jack Lamb:
After these books are in a collection, can they be hidden at once?

Sorry, this is not possible.

Jack Lamb:
My problem is I want to hide all the Latin works I got in a free collection! Is there an easy way to do this?

Understood, and a lot of people have requested this.

There is a mechanism to hide up to ten resources at once - see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/47656.aspx - but that's the best we have at the moment.

Graham

Posts 10872
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 1:00 AM

Graham Criddle:
There is a mechanism to hide up to ten resources at once - see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/47656.aspx - but that's the best we have at the moment.

One additional workaround may be to not really hide them, but have a collection of all minus the "unwanted" works (say rating>=0 -mytag:hidden if one were to tag them, or simply lang:e to exclude all latin, greek, syriac, spanish .... ) and running searches etc against this.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 3:17 AM

NB.Mick:
One additional workaround may be to not really hide them, but have a collection of all minus the "unwanted" works (say rating>=0 -mytag:hidden if one were to tag them, or simply lang:e to exclude all latin, greek, syriac, spanish .... ) and running searches etc against this.
This is what I do.  I have a collection  of the books of the books that I never want to see (that I titled "Always Exclude"), and I add that collection to the all of my other collections under the "Minus these resources."

Posts 28554
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 4:52 AM

Jack Lamb:

Call Logos and ask them to remove the license! If you really don't want the books, this would be the easiest way.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10872
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 5:42 AM

alabama24:

Jack Lamb:

Call Logos and ask them to remove the license! If you really don't want the books, this would be the easiest way.

But this may backfire, if Jack wants to read the English translations of the classics, for example. The licence is not granular and includes big packages (with the exeption of Beowulf)

Perseus lang:e gives 480 hits in my library (which doesn't include the Richmond Times or the Civil War stuff), from "Ab urbe conditia" - translation of the famous history of Rome - to "Works of Socrates" and "Xenophon" in English.

Of course if one doesn't want to have the Perseus resources at all, your suggestion is valid.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 28554
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 5:54 AM

Thanks for the clarification Mick! Smile

I have the civil war stuff, which is of more interest to me. I do wish that I could HIDE it without REMOVING it, but I could harp on that all day. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 11:08 AM

Jim Huss:

Is there a way to hide approx 1200 books at one time by publisher?     Can you  move by publisher into a collection?

NOPE! I wish I had a better encouragement, but really it will take only an hour of your time to hide all of those books. Just think how long it would take to hide 1200 dead-tree resources!?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 12:31 PM

Graham Criddle:

Jack Lamb:

Understood, and a lot of people have requested this.

Dreaming about a button being added to the Library so could select a group of resources, then click "Hide all" that would be as easy to use as tagging all:

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS