Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 566
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 3 2012 5:28 AM | Locked

This is probably a dumb question but I want to make a backup of my TWO main note files. I have been unable to find them by name (Bob's Notes and Sermon Notes) so that I could save the file to my flash drive. I have looked in "Application Support" "Logos" and did find a file labeled "notes" but I did not see the specific file in there. I did back that one up. If someone could point me in the right direction I would sincerely appreciate it!

Bob Deacon

Surface Pro 6

MacBook Air (2017) Big Sur

Ipad Air 2 (ios 9.7 (0014)

Samsung A50 (9.7 907000152)

Posts 2872
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 6:01 AM | Locked

Bob Deacon:

This is probably a dumb question but I want to make a backup of my TWO main note files. I have been unable to find them by name (Bob's Notes and Sermon Notes) so that I could save the file to my flash drive. I have looked in "Application Support" "Logos" and did find a file labeled "notes" but I did not see the specific file in there. I did back that one up. If someone could point me in the right direction I would sincerely appreciate it!

Forgive me for answering your questions with a question, but why do you want to back them up? The reason I ask. Logos backs them up for your automatically in the sync it performs. Each time you edit a note it is backed up and synced to their servers and any other computers if you have them.

EDIT: If you drill down in your Library folder under your User folder on Mac you will eventually find it. For me it was under:

/Users/MYUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Documents/RANDDOMLETTERSNUMBERS/Documents

There is one file notes.db and then a bunch of .bak files. I'm guessing all the files are stored in that one db file.

YOu may have to unhide the library folder if you use Lion.

Posts 566
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 6:44 AM | Locked

Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. The short answer is, "just to be safe". Been stung too many times in the past. Using that small ounce of prevention.

Bob Deacon

Surface Pro 6

MacBook Air (2017) Big Sur

Ipad Air 2 (ios 9.7 (0014)

Samsung A50 (9.7 907000152)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS