Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6
Bill Denton | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 3 2012 9:09 PM

I like the ability to import PowerPoint slides. I'm using The Paperless Hymnal PowerPoint slides and frequently when the import function is completed, Proclaim has re-ordered the slides.  For example, a song has three verses and a chorus, and each verse takes two slides, then the chorus may take another two slides. When imported, instead of all the slides being in order, it might put the first slide of verse 1, then first slide of verse 2, then first slide of verse 3.  The chorus may, or may not, come right after the verse 1 slides.  I can go in and manually re-order the slides, but it's just a process I'd rather avoid.  It's done this on both my laptop and my desktop computers.

Posts 29
Anton Antig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 6 2012 6:46 AM

Hello Bill,

We are currently working to include the functionality to import PowerPoint slides. There is no ETA as of yet so be sure to check the forum periodically.

Anton Antig

Logos Technical Support

Posts 159
Matthew Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 6 2012 10:06 AM

Bill which way did you import your PowerPoint files? Did you use the option that says "Import PowerPoint or did you add them as images to an 'image slide show' in the service order items?

We're excited about the new ability to import PowerPoint files and we're continuing to work to make it better. If you could post you log files, it would be helpful. Here is the post on how to do this.

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/39446.aspx

~Matt

Posts 6
Bill Denton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 6 2012 11:00 AM

Matt, yes I used the "Import PowerPoint" function under the "Add Item" menu.

I looked at the log files, but it seems only the ones produced today were there.

There have been a few times that song slides were not "rearranged," but most of the time they are.  It's a fixable problem by manually putting them back in the right order, it's just a hassle to have to do it all the time.

Thanks for the help!  I really like Proclaim, btw!

Posts 159
Matthew Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 6 2012 1:05 PM

Great to hear you like it Bill and thanks for the feedback. We'll look into this.

Posts 38
Mark Flory | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2012 5:57 PM

Hi Bill,

I was able to reproduce the issue as you describe using one of the PowerPoint slide decks available from The Paperless Hymnal, and have logged a case for Development to investigate. 

I also discovered a possible work around for importing the PowerPoint slides into the correct sequence in Proclaim.

First, prior to importing into Proclaim, 'Open' the slide deck in a recent version of PowerPoint (I was using PowerPoint 2010, but I think PowerPoint 2007 should also work), and then 'Save' or 'Save As' the slide deck back down to your hard drive in a .pptx or .ppt file format. Then, when using the 'Add Item' > 'Import PowerPoint...' feature of Proclaim, select this re-saved PowerPoint file to import. The generated PowerPoint service item in Proclaim should have kept the same slide presentation order as the original content.

Please let us know if this process works for you and saves you from some of the post-import slide re-ordering hassle you have been experiencing.

Again, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

~ Mark

Posts 2
Mike Gangwish | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2012 10:33 AM

We had this problem last Sunday with a guest speaker.  He had powerpoint slides on a memory stick and I could see the file when I opened the device on our mac but couldn't click on it.  I know we don't have powerepoint on the mac, and I don't think we have Keynote either.  Ideally, what procedure should we use when faced with this situation again?  Do we need PowerPoint or Keynote installed to import slides?

Thanks!  Mike

Posts 9646
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2012 10:46 AM

Hi Mike and welcome to the forums.

Currently Powerpoint import is not supported on the Mac platform but I know the developers are working on it.

Powerpoint is not needed in the Windows environment to support the import so I assume it won't be required when this functionality is available on Mac.

Graham

Posts 13037
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 11 2012 4:36 PM

Mike Gangwish:
He had powerpoint slides on a memory stick and I could see the file when I opened the device on our mac but couldn't click on it.

Welcome Big Smile

Free workaround to use many PowerPoint presentations on Mac is => LibreOffice.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3
Christopher Hutchinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 17 2012 6:03 PM

I HAVE UPDATED PROCLAIM BUT I AM NOT SEEING AN IMPORT POWERPOINT UNDER THE ADD ITEM MENU LIST. HOW CAN THIS BE RESOLVED.

Posts 1606
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander (Logos) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 17 2012 10:11 PM

Christopher Hutchinson:
I HAVE UPDATED PROCLAIM BUT I AM NOT SEEING AN IMPORT POWERPOINT UNDER THE ADD ITEM MENU LIST. HOW CAN THIS BE RESOLVED.

Are you on a Mac or Windows? Mac does not currently support this functionality, shipping an update including support on Mac next week Tuesday.

Posts 38
Mark Flory | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 18 2012 9:58 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

While that could have been a cool workaround solution, sadly, it appears that presentations that are created or saved from LibreOffice will not import successfully into Proclaim. The LibreOffice file formats, including the Save As .pptx file, are incompatible with the PowerPoint import tool that we are using in Proclaim. 

Posts 13037
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 19 2012 11:06 AM

Mark Flory:

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

While that could have been a cool workaround solution, sadly, it appears that presentations that are created or saved from LibreOffice will not import successfully into Proclaim. The LibreOffice file formats, including the Save As .pptx file, are incompatible with the PowerPoint import tool that we are using in Proclaim. 

Workaround of using LibreOffice to open PowerPoint on Mac and run the slide show in LibreOffice is an option (albeit does not use Proclaim).

Since LibreOffice can create docx files on Mac, which can become Personal Books in Logos 4, wonder about PowerPoint import tool possibilities ? (perhaps bug needs posting for LibreOffice attention so pptx file output could be improved) 

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2
Mike Gangwish | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:18 AM

Hi again!

Was faced with another ppt from a guest speaker last Sunday.  I had him actually e-mail me his ppt a week ahead so I could work with it to be sure I could make it work.  I have Proclaim loaded on my PC desktop where I work so I had the bright idea to upload his ppt on my PC, selecting the share with my group button and then have it available on our MAC for Worship.  Sadly, that idea didn't work.  The slides appeared on the MAC but were all blank, no content.  I ended up moving our pastor's PC desktop into the sanctuary at the last minute and switching from the MAC to PC to run the ppt on that.  I would have used the PC for the entire service but was unable to get the PC to recognize two monitors.  When I went to "On Air" the projector feed filled my monitor and I didn't have the working screen with the functions I needed to control Proclaim.  By the way, our MAC is a laptop, and I am assuming if we had a PC laptop this problem with not recognizing two monitors would go away.  I don't know, at this point I don't know if I'm disappointed in Proclaim, or in the MAC.  I do know that some changes need to be made because every time we have a guest speaker it turns my world upside down trying to accomodate their ppt.  Our pastor loves the MAC, says it's great for video editing and the like.  Personally I think if we keep Proclaim, which I do like by the way, then we should break down and buy a PC laptop for worship.  That make our MAC for me just an expensive paperweight.  Thanks guys!  Would love to hear your thoughts!

Mike

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:48 AM

Hello Mike. There are a couple of scenarios that will cause you to see blank white slides for your Powerpoint on a second machine. The first is if you've selected "Local Only" when adding your Powerpoint on the first machine. Since you selected "Upload and sync to my group", it sounds like the slides did not sync to the second machine (the Mac). It may be that your PC had connectivity issues, or this can also happen if you quit Proclaim before the converted slides have finished uploading. When you start up Proclaim on the PC again, the upload will resume, but until those converted images have been uploaded to your group, your Mac won't be able to download them and will display them as blank.

You can see the upload progress for your converted slides in the lower left corner.

Also note that you can control Proclaim by using the arrow keys (right arrow to go forward, left arrow to go back), even if you have only one monitor.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS