Links to books in L4 library within notes

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 99
David Fish | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 15 2009 3:24 PM

I've tried to find information on my question by searching through the forum, but have not found the answer.

In Logos 4, is it possible to create links to articles in other Logos 4 books within the notes? It was possible in Logos version 3, but I have not discovered how to do it in Logos 4.

I know that someone here can help.

Thanks.

Gateway Notebook NV53A, 8GB Ram, Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) | MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.66 GHz, 16GB RAM (also running Parallels Desktop 8 and Windows 7 Professional) | iPad 2

Posts 1
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 3:27 PM

It is possible, but this feature is currently in the works. for now here is a work-around.

Posts 28
Todd Anson Wilkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 11:30 AM

I have tried and it didn't work. The link works in word, but when I copy it into Logos 4 notes its only pretty blue text with a line under it. Its as if the copy/paste stripped out the hypertext formatting. If I try to copy the full line of <a href bla bla>my text</a>, it shows up as text and not hyper text. Missing a crucial point in the copy paste. Any ideas?

Posts 1
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 2:53 PM

Todd Anson Wilkins:

I have tried and it didn't work. The link works in word, but when I copy it into Logos 4 notes its only pretty blue text with a line under it. Its as if the copy/paste stripped out the hypertext formatting. If I try to copy the full line of <a href bla bla>my text</a>, it shows up as text and not hyper text. Missing a crucial point in the copy paste. Any ideas?

Try entering "edit mode" as if you were going to type something into the note and then hold down the CTRL button while clicking the hyperlink. Let me know if that works.

Posts 28
Todd Anson Wilkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 10:01 AM

Thanks That's it! I wasn't holding the CTRL down! Awesome.

Posts 99
David Fish | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 11:44 AM

I also got the link to work in Word, but can't seem to get it to work within the note, even holding down the CTRL key.

Any other ideas?

Gateway Notebook NV53A, 8GB Ram, Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) | MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.66 GHz, 16GB RAM (also running Parallels Desktop 8 and Windows 7 Professional) | iPad 2

Posts 1
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 11:46 AM

David Fish:

I also got the link to work in Word, but can't seem to get it to work within the note, even holding down the CTRL key.

Any other ideas?

Try left clicking the note, then CTRL + left clicking the note, assuming you haven't already.

Posts 3
Mickey Denen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 5 2010 5:17 AM

Your question appears to be pretty old. You may have found your answer already.

I was able to link an article to the text of the note this way

I typed in a key word into the text box.  In my example I typed in the word rest.( I was reviewing the word rest in an encyclopedia)

I copied the url as if I was gong to link it to a word document.

Then I highlighted the word of interest in the text of my note (rest in my case)

Then I went up to the hyperlink box in the note task bar, right clicked in this box and pasted the link.

Then the word rest turned blue in the text box

Now when I click the blue highlighted word, the encyclopedia article pops up in a separate window

So far it has worked 1 out of 1 times

I am using logos 4 for mac, I would assume the windows version is similar

Posts 8125
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 5 2010 6:14 AM

Mickey Denen:
I was able to link an article to the text of the note this way

That works for both Mac & Windows versions 99.9995% of the time (only God is perfect).

In L4 Win, if copy location as URL is selected, Control-Option C will copy the article location which can then be pasted as above (Control-V).

Just tested in L4 Mac. Use Cmd-Option C and Cmd-V for the same operation.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS