Logos4 disappeared, icons and now exe file

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
Arnold Hoppenstedt | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 21 2012 9:08 PM

I'm using Windows7 64bit Home Premium and have over the last few months found the Logos icon on the task bar and

shortcut icon in a desktop folder go missing; today the exe icon and file have disappeared, nowhere to be found in the

system! Where are they and why did they disappear, and how do I get them back.

Arnie

Posts 13037
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 21 2012 10:12 PM

Welcome Big Smile

The default Logos 4 installation location on Windows 7 is

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Logos4

that includes the exe (executable) file.

One possibility for disappearance is a Desktop Cleanup Wizard => https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desktop_Cleanup_Wizard

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 16410
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 22 2012 3:52 AM

Arnold Hoppenstedt:

today the exe icon and file have disappeared, nowhere to be found in the

system! Where are they and why did they disappear, and how do I get them back.

If these are system files you could recover them by going to Control Panel | Programs and Features. Right click Logos Bible Software 4 and choose Repair.

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 6115
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 22 2012 6:14 AM

Interestingly little icons at the bottom; I'd be reluctant to clik on them though. But you can!

Posts 1
Richard L. Carlton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 7:17 PM

I believe Logos4 is unstable because of this annoying feature! Arrgh! Devil Tech support will tell you that Logos4 is not doing this but Logos4 is not a solid build in my opinion. I've had logos scholar since it came out as a 75 book program. After v.3 I've been disappointed in the consistent stability of the program. No other program that I have does this. I know that the personal user license for copyrighted material and windows user accounts are the basis for this problem. It is a nuisance! Imagine a carpenter who must chase down his hammer every time he visits the job site! Exactly, that carpenter will not accomplish much! I do not recommend this program any more. I've always heard, "If it's not broke don't fix it" but that does not apply here! 

Posts 16410
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 2:15 AM

Richard L. Carlton:
I believe Logos4 is unstable because of this annoying feature!

Have you tried to repair the installation as I set out above?

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 219
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 12:34 PM

Hello Richard,

I see we have an open case for you, but nobody was on the line when Tech answered your call. I would strongly suggest calling support at 1(800)875-6467. Tell reception you have an Open Case, and they will transfer you to the tech queue directly, to troubleshoot this issue.

In most cases, this is simply caused by files being marked hidden on the computer.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS