Logos 4 & Pre-1995 NASB

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 25103
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 2:59 PM

Mark A. Smith:

Dave Hooton:
I would think it does not have a text entry box.

I does have a text entry box. Under Indexes it lists Bible. Under Search fields it lists Bible as well as some others. Seems to function in every way as a Bible (as it did under 3.0), but in 4.0 cannot be selected in tools that are designed for 'Bible'.

Thanks, one theory down the gurgler!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3195
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 3:26 PM

What are some of these old resources?

besides NASB77- which I wished I had- anyone have a copy?

Posts 778
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 3:48 PM

Melissa Snyder:

We are no longer able to sell the older NASB version, but we are looking into permissions to distribute it in .lbxlls and .Logos4 format. We'll update this thread when we have more information.

To quote one of my favorite profs, "Hot-cha-cha!"  Thanks, Melissa, it would be great to have it available in L4.

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 39
Scott K | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 8:52 PM

I, too, right when I installed version 4, only had the pre-1995 revision of the NASB.  It worked fine within Logos 4, but it was clear to me -- due to it not being tagged as a Bible and that it lacked any cover image -- that Logos didn't expect many people to be using it.  I had to manually change it's type to BIBLE, and it worked fine.  I've since upgraded to a package that has the revised NASB. 

Posts 9102
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 9:05 PM

Scott K:
I had to manually change it's type to BIBLE

I must have missed something. How did you accomplish this? I understood it to be part of the resource's built-in metadata that we could not access.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 12:56 PM

Scott K:

I, too, right when I installed version 4, only had the pre-1995 revision of the NASB.  It worked fine within Logos 4, but it was clear to me -- due to it not being tagged as a Bible and that it lacked any cover image -- that Logos didn't expect many people to be using it.  I had to manually change it's type to BIBLE, and it worked fine.  I've since upgraded to a package that has the revised NASB. 

Wha?  Tell me about your special skills for changing resource types. Are you editing the database directly?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 8
Jerry D. Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 10:29 AM

Hi Scott,

I got L4 for Christmas and I am thrilled with what I see.  It runs quickly, and I am well pleased.  I too have the 1977 NASB, and it shows up as a 'Monograph'.  Could  You please share with me how you changed the TYPE to Bible, as I have struggled with it and have hade no success.  Thanks,  Jerry

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 12:16 PM

Jerry, thre is good news and bad news. The bad news, you cannot change the "Type" of any resource. The good news, Logos is aware that many of the older resources are not tagged properly and is collecting suggestions from users as they retag and update their more than 10,000 titles. Hopefully, these tagging errors can get updated soon. Merry Christmas.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 8
Jerry D. Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 2:48 PM

Thanks Joe,  I appreciate the information.  Now I know.  And Merry Christmas to you too!   :O)

Posts 39
Scott K | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 9:38 PM

Todd Phillips:

Scott K:

Wha?  Tell me about your special skills for changing resource types. Are you editing the database directly?

Sorry, I never followed up on this thread.  I wasn't aware I'd given hope to the hopeless and then left them abandoned! 

I can't verify exactly what I did, because I've since upgraded and have the newer NASB.  But I didn't hack any database... I think I simply added it to MY custom collection of English Bibles manually and prioritized it, and that allowed easy access and display with the rest of the Bibles when offered other resources in my collection. 

I'm still left without some of my LLS resources in version 4 (Josh McDowell books) -- Logos has passed on my request from department to department... I wonder if they'll ever transfer over into L4... Confused

Blessings,
Scott

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS