Bug: Reading Plan Crashes Program

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 26 2012 12:30 PM | Locked

Last night at work I created a reading plan in L4 on my Netbook for a PB I created on my Netbook. I forgot that I had not created the same PB on my regular computer at home so when tried to start L4 on it this morning the program crashed before I could get passed the splash screen.

Looking at the crash log it was clear a reading plan was creating the conflict, so I deleted the plan on my netbook and that solved the problem.

I do not think that the absence of a PB on one computer should trigger a crash. At worst it should trigger a warning that the plan could not be synched because there is no resource. Personally I would like to see L4 ignore that condition all together and just start without the warning.

Here is the crash log

0172.Logos4Crash.txt

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2012 9:51 AM | Locked

Thank you, Fredc. Do you happen to also have any other logs from this occurrence, such as the Logos4.log or the Logos4Error.log? And could you provide any further details as to your precise steps: for example, were you opening onto the Home page?

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2012 12:10 PM | Locked

I'm afraid after this much time has passed, I do not have any additional logs. As for what I was doing it's like I said...I created a PB on my netbook and set up a reading plan for it. When I got home I was going to do some work on my main computer and logos crashed at start-up. I tried starting a couple of times and got the crash each time. I never try to start up to the homepage.

Based on what I saw in the log, I figured it was the reading plan for the PB. I went back to the  netbook, opened logos and deleted the reading plan. Everything worked on my main computer after that.

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2012 1:39 PM | Locked

I have passed this on to development for further investigation. Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS