Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 226
Kurt Trucksess | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 6 2012 9:28 AM | Locked

The latest beta appeared to run fine until I restarted Logos this morning.  It just keeps crashing and won't load.

I downloaded and installed the latest beta as a file but still won't restart.  Anybody else having this problem?  Any ideas of how to resurrect Logos?  

Dr. Kurt Trucksess www.christ2Rculture.com
Posts 28477
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2012 9:54 AM | Locked

Kurt - This could be any number of issues. The best thing to do is to 1) try to load a blank layout (press command key immediately upon starting app). If that doesn't work, 2) please submit logs (wiki link below). You might want to download a SCRIPT that KS4J made to turn on logging.

http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging#Mac

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 226
Kurt Trucksess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2012 4:54 PM | Locked

Thanks for your help.  Tried restarting with the command key pressed but still have same trouble

Attached is my crash log.

7838.Crash Logs.zip

Posts 521
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2012 5:34 PM | Locked

Dr. Kurt,

I wound up needing to trash one of my files (not sure which one but either Bama or KS4J would know) and after that L4M would start. I did wind up re-downloading all of resources and had to reindex as well BUT it is working fine right now. Not sure why it occurred. 

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

Surface Pro 6

MacBook Air (2017) Catalina

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Posts 28477
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2012 5:50 PM | Locked

Kurt - I am not a techie, so you should take this with a grain of salt. If you feel adventurous, move the file Updates.db to a safe place (like the desktop) and restart. If all works well, I think you can trash the file. There are several warnings that the db file is malformed and invalid. You can find the file at the following location:

Invalid database: /Users/Kurt/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/b1ndtohr.eu0/UpdateManager/Updates.db

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 226
Kurt Trucksess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2012 8:28 PM | Locked

That appears to work.  Thankfully it did NOT download and reindex everything.

You rock alabama24!

Posts 521
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2012 3:51 AM | Locked

I am very happy for you Kurt. My situation did not work out this way but it did work and for that I am happy!

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

Surface Pro 6

MacBook Air (2017) Catalina

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS