Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 7 2012 5:26 PM | Locked

I never start logos to the Homepage. I go to the Homepage each day primarily to launch Daily Devotional reading. Over the last couple of Betas I have noticed the initial start of the homepage getting slower and slower. This evening I timed it.

I have a prayer list, 5 reading plans, devotionals, and update resources checked to show up. All of the other stuff (pre-pubs, community pricing, excerpts, etc...) are unchecked.

It took more than 2.5 minutes to bring up the homepage.

0511.Logos4.log

Posts 8243
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2012 10:42 PM | Locked

It looks like your home page may have accumulated a lot of data about which items have been featured before (so it doesn't repeat the same content); this may be slowing it down.

To test this theory, please open the home page and press Shift+F5. This will regenerate the home page and delete this cached information. (The side effect of this is that you may be shown an image that you've seen before, but I'm assuming that's not a big concern.)

Please let me know if that helps the home page generate any faster.

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2012 12:44 AM | Locked

Thanks Bradley. I am at work tonight but I will try your suggestion in the morning

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2012 7:10 AM | Locked

Bradley,

That appears to have been the problem and your suggestion seems to have cleared it up. I periodically runa utility that cleans out my Temporary Internet files, cache files, etc. Am I to assume that Logos is creating a seperate cache file the shift-F5 cleans up? 

Posts 8243
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2012 9:02 AM | Locked

Fredc:

Am I to assume that Logos is creating a seperate cache file the shift-F5 cleans up? 

Well, it's not so much a cache, more just a list of content that's already been shown. It's stored inside Logos 4 preferences, so there's no specific file that can be deleted to clear it out. Since you've been running for almost two years before it started causing problems, you'll probably be fine in the future if you remember to press Shift+F5 every 6-12 months. (And I'm creating a case for this issue so hopefully we can have the software automatically detect and correct this problem before then.)

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2012 9:40 AM | Locked

ahh, much better... now I'm actually getting infographics & passage of the day again Smile

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS